Highlighted
Dan at home
1 Copper

DELL Precision T3620 unknown device reported in device manager

I am running Windows 10 with all updates as advised by Microsoft and Dell on my workstation.

In Device Manager I have two unknown devices under the heading other devices.  The only possibly relevant information I can find in each case is on the events tab and Hardware ids under the details tab, both in properties.

When I first installed Windows 10 from an ISO on a USB memory stick supplied by Dell, the event log reports that each device install was requested, the device migrated, was configured started and installed.  All subsequent events on different dates are the same with the one comment Device configured (null).

I have tried to find drivers on line and within windows, but without success.

For the first unknown device, the event log for the first time the device was configured states:

Device configured (oem9.inf) and under information states:

Device ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 was configured.

Driver Name: oem9.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Driver Date: 04/03/2017

Under the Details tab, and under Property the Hardware ids is reported as *DDDriver

The event viewer under details does not identify the device.

For the second unknown device, the event log for the first time the device was configured states:

Device configured (oem9.inf) and under information states:

Device ROOT\SYSTEM\0003 was configured.

Driver Name: oem19.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Driver Date: 04/03/2017

Under the Details tab, and under Property the Hardware ids is reported as *DellProf

The event viewer under details identifies this device as a Dell System Analyzer Control Device.

Searching on the internet for DDDriver and DellProf does not help.   I can not find any drivers and do not know what these devices are.  Is there something wrong with my system/setup?  If they are unnecessary, how do I delete?

0 Kudos