Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 24th, 2019 20:00

Intel Virtualization on Precision T1700

I am considering purchase of  a  T1700  with  intel  i7-4770.   Upon checking intel websites,  i find that intel is referring me  to  Dell (manufacturer),  even though  they  say  that the  CPU  is capable  of  Intel virtualization in BIOS.   Can  someone  verify  that  DELL  BIOS  has  these capability  turned  on, and i can  use this CPU to full extent  ?   I need  virtualization  in  my next  PC.

Thanks -  seeking

573 Posts

February 24th, 2019 23:00

Hi @seekingbuddha ,

Checked on Dell Precision T1700 Mini-Tower Owner's Manual and table 8 shows that Intel VT is enabled by default.

Table 8. Virtualization SupportOption Description

Virtualization This option specifies whether a Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM) can utilize the additional hardware capabilities provided by Intel Virtualization technology.
  • Enable Intel Virtualization Technology - This option is enabled by default.
VT for Direct I/O Enables or disables the Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM) from utilizing the additional hardware capabilities provided by Intel® Virtualization technology for direct I/O.
  • Enable Intel Virtualization Technology for Direct I/O - This option is enabled by default.
Trusted Execution This option specifies whether a Measured Virtual Machine Monitor (MVMM) can utilize the additional hardware capabilities provided by Intel Trusted Execution technology. The TPM virtualization technology, and Virtualization technology for direct I/O must be enabled to use this feature.
  • Trusted Execution - This option is disabled by default.

No Events found!