Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

February 8th, 2019 07:00

Led problem RAID.

Good afternoon. My case is not specifically a problem, but something that should not happen. The LED flashes in white and yellow indicating that there is a problem in the RAID configuration, the curious thing is that I do not have a RAID armed. I passed the test from the bios and everything is ok, but when I run the software support assist if it freezes and I can't finish the test. * Precision 5820

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

February 19th, 2019 14:00

Hi, I followed the steps and when I restarted the OS was hung. It automatically reloaded and ran all the stability processes of DELL and it seems to be 100%, thank you very much! :)

573 Posts

February 10th, 2019 08:00

Hi @leowork ,

What is the power light amber-white blinking pattern? Only a "4 amber blinks followed by a short pause, 6 white blinks, long pause" refer to RAID volume problem.

You may check it with Preboot blinking power button codes to clarify the exact problem description.

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

February 10th, 2019 21:00

Hello @bmcowboy , yes, it's 4 amber blinks and 6 white blinks. They indicate a problem in the RAID configuration. The curious thing is that I do not have armed a RAID.

573 Posts

February 11th, 2019 06:00

Hi @leowork ,

Further checked on the Owner's Manual and found 5820 support on-board RAID. In fact SATA operation in BIOS set as RAID-ON by default. You may check it on your machine and see if any help by changing this option or reset BIOS to default then set SATA operation to AHCI.

1.JPG

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

February 11th, 2019 15:00

Will switching from RAID to ACHI cause me errors or need to install drives? Besides the 4 hard drives I also have a DELL quad nvme card, however nothing is configured in RAID.

573 Posts

February 11th, 2019 16:00

Hi @leowork ,

I further found a video here showing all BIOS options of 5810, and the moment at 1'00" shows the exact option of SATA Operation:

1.JPG

Changing from "RAID On" to "AHCI" shouldn't affect non-RAID hard drive operation, i.e. no need any re-configuration in Windows. But since there's a RAID-related alert as per your fundamental question, better check and confirm it in advance by steps below:

1. Press F12 during POST
  2. There should be Intel Matrix Storage Manager screen displayed. Make sure that all drive status as Non-RAID DISK like this:

2.JPG

Noted that I don't have the exact system to test with. If possible, make a backup before action would be the best policy.

No Events found!