Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

August 15th, 2018 13:00

Precision T7500 BIOS reboot problem is preserved in new A17

Do a google search for "t7500 reboot bios" or so, and you will find a few threads about this issue.

The issue is that BIOS version A12 and A16 made reboot problems for the computer. The computer is trying to reboot for like 20 times (about 10 minutes) until it successfully rebooted to windows. Yes, this happens every single bingle time you try to reboot.

The only solution was to downgrade the BIOS to the A09 version, which I did so. And that is the solution you will find on the web for this problem.

Sadly, Dell never budged to try to fix it in A12 or A16.

Now, just a few days ago, Dell released a new version A17 for the BIOS.

My excitement faded away right after upgrading my BIOS to this new version, because right away my computer started having the same reboot problem.

So, hey Dell, please fix the reboot issue once and for all, so we can have sensible reboot experience and protection of the CVE-2017-5715 vulnerability simultaneously.

Thanks for your quick action on this (hopefully).

1 Message

September 1st, 2018 07:00

Same issue here, I have updated the bios to the latest A17, the system work fine after the first reboot.  After that it has gone back to doing the same.  Any ideas or workarounds?

October 7th, 2018 06:00

hi ...will anyone help me with updating my bios to a17 on my dell precison t7500. I have tried everything but it just wont update from bios version a16!? I am running w10 64bit. I have a duplicate pc and have done this without any issue. However on my primary system it just wont update? tried installing dell system support. downloaded driver. run in admin privalages...no luck!? even tried installing dell system optimizer to see if that works. again stated that my bios is out of date...tried to install nothing?! Been onto MS tech and emailed Dell tech but both said nothing they can do?! Please can someone help..

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 7th, 2018 09:00

If Legacy-BIOS based, you should be able to flash firmware from DOS (outside Windows).

https://www.dell.com/community/Vostro-Desktops/Vostro-460-XPS-8300-Upgrade-Adventures/m-p/6071757/highlight/true#M1311

If UEFI-based, there should be an option to flash the firmware from initial UEFI environment (usually F12 on boot of a Dell).

October 7th, 2018 19:00

Just for the curiosity to see if I can solve it after others and Dell gave up on it, I'd be ready to designate an half an hour to try helping you updating the BIOS, if you would want to give me TeamViewer access.

Of course don't share here in public any credentials, just let me know here if you are interested, and we'll take it from there.

October 8th, 2018 05:00

Thank you for your kind help. I've even tried installing the ROM files using command prompt but nothing and quite unsure really what I'm doing.

I will get in touch to allow you access when it suits you. Thanks again Paul

November 4th, 2018 21:00

Good news.

New BIOS "A18" as per "02 Nov 2018".

I'm going to try it out now.

November 4th, 2018 22:00

I just tested it.

I can cry all night, but it won't help. The restart issue is still there.

:Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying:

1 Message

September 15th, 2019 10:00

I have the A16 currently installed and it boots up fine.  I was just about to install the A18 upgrade but thought I'd do a little search first.  Did you ever get it to boot up normally?  Does it affect every system or just a few unlucky ones?

Thanks...

September 22nd, 2019 09:00

yes eventually installed latest a18 BIOS and all is now fine running Windows 10 super fast. Hope this helps you.

Paul

3 Posts

February 9th, 2022 11:00

hi, you have this bios A09 because on the site only has from the A13.

No Events found!