Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2022 08:00

7720 6 bit colour depth intel 630 hd

Seen that is a problem for others, dating back almost 4 years where the Intel 630 HD GPU displays 6 bit colour depth, not 8 bit.

The only way it will display 8 bit colour depth is by disabling/uninstalling it through device manager and this is through the basic Microsoft Display Adapter Driver. Which isn't really a solution.

8bit.jpg

But this is what i get with the Intel Drivers enabled.

6bit.jpg

I have tried drivers from 2017 as these are stated as working but they give the same 6 bit depth.

Trying every older driver is just not possible and i my patience is running low right now.

Going from numerous online searches i'm not even sure Intel bothered to fix this issue.

2 Posts

May 11th, 2022 08:00

Solution from dell that worked below.

Cause:

The U3821DW monitor sets two lanes as default for a Type-C port. The bandwidth is insufficient to see the full performance at the native resolution on Type-C ports which support DisplayPort 1.2(HBR2).

The computer graphics drop the color bits/depth or the refresh rate to maintain the native resolution. Ideally, the Type-C port on the computer supports DisplayPort 1.4(HBR3) or better to have sufficient bandwidth for two lanes.

Resolution: 

You can configure the monitor settings to support the best image.

Change the High Date speed to High Resolution:

1. Bring up the Monitors On-Screen Display.
  2. Go to Display.
  3. Browse USB-C Prioritization.
  4. Change to High Resolution

• 

25.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2022 02:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

2 Posts

May 10th, 2022 13:00

I am having the same issue with Intel UHD Graphics 630, after getting a U3821DW it will only show 6-bit depth on USB-C/Thunderbolt, if I connect using HDMI it displays with 8-bit color, but then with the Nvidia display adapter. I have updated to all the latest drivers and software without any luck.

Computer is a Dell Precision 7540 laptop.

2022-05-10_22-10-13.jpg2022-05-10_22-11-11.jpg

No Events found!