Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 30th, 2018 09:00

Dell Precision 7530 / TB18DC display issues

Our company has purchased and deployed a single Dell Precision 7530 Mobile Workstation with the TB18DC docking station. 

All updates to BIOS and drivers have been applied to this Windows 10 machine.  There is an issue most times when you touch the dual USB-C / Thunderbolt cable connector where it plugs into the Workstation.  Any physical contact with the connector causes one of the two connected Dell P2715 monitors to turn off.  Unplugging and reconnecting the monitor cable will usually bring it back to life.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered such an issue?  It almost seems to be the result of a static discharge to the dual USB-C / Thunderbolt connector.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

January 16th, 2020 01:00

Same here, DELL pretends its just some small issue witch will be fixed in the future. Acctually it is a hardware issue with the plug which is never fixable.

I think the truth is: All dockingstations with dual USB-C are not usable in a reliable way! The connector is to week and extremly sensitive to any movement or just a bit of wrong force causing minimal bending on the plug.

The plug is just to heavy, HP solved it different and I expect DELL to solve this issue as soon as possible.

A shortterme solution would be a Y-cable with to seperate usb-c plugs witch are connected with thinner and more flexible cables to the docingstation!

casparzius_0-1579165781245.png

January 16th, 2020 08:00

DELL is always good for some funn facts, official responce of DELL after this message within hours:

- Your product is unfortunatelly out of warranty -

this is like telling me, sorry you are right with what you are saying. The dual USB-C-PLUG is just but unfortunatelly you are to late

2 Posts

March 5th, 2021 19:00

I disconnected the dock and haven't used it for a year but today for some unknown reason I'm revisiting it - and not getting anywhere

2 Posts

March 5th, 2021 19:00

Yep - I'm in the same boat - my company keeps getting contacted by a  Dell account manager to buy more stuff, but I haven't been able to get the dock to work properly - the twin USBCs are fickle and if touched slightly disconnect/reconnect . Ethernet and screen connections go missing  - the dock is hopeless and unreliable and after 2.5 years I've given up. Its a real let down!!

No Events found!