arqgnavarro
1 Copper

Re: Dell Precision 7530 / TB18DC display issues

Mine does the same thing. And I'm on my replacement unit. 

0 Kudos
adilosnave
1 Copper

I had to return the dock due to these problems.  Hiccups, wild fan speed, etc. 

Think I've traced the problem back to having ANYTHING plugged into the either of the USB-C ports.  I'm currently using a 4-port standard USB hub since the 2 USB ports on the side aren't even close to enough.  Everything works just fine.  However, I tried an Anker USB-C 4-port hub and everything went screwy again.

So it has something to do with the USB-C driver, bios, etc.  I don't understand that stuff but it's really irritating when my brand-new, $3,500 laptop has only two usable accessory ports and I can't use multiple displays. 

Does the Lemon Law apply to computers?  If not for this problem, I'd rate the Precision 7530 a 5 out of 5.

0 Kudos
ribrobrab
1 Copper

I want to take the TB18DC out back and reenact the printer destruction scene from Office Space. Nothing but trouble.  I'm getting my third one this week.

0 Kudos

It's not much consolation that so many others are having similar issues to the ones I've been having with my 7730 + TB18DC.  I've had it with the dock!  I've posted about it at https://www.dell.com/community/Precision-Mobile-Workstations/Precision-7530-USB-Issue-TB18DC/td-p/72....

Hey Dell, are you listening?  This doesn't sound like a vocal minority of people having issues with the TB18DC.  It sounds like more than that. 

0 Kudos
StefanBatory
1 Copper

I love DELL pretending nothing happens. I did everything:...

I love DELL pretending nothing happens. I did everything: -updated dock's BIOS -tried 10 options in BIOS (few times) -updated INTEL thunderbolt software (few times) -Tried different Display's plugs Still, problems with powering on occures. I have 4 TB18DC, 10 Precission 7530 (or more). No matter which Laptop, which station, problem still persists. I do not even see dell trying to make new BIOS version etc. Dell support offers to send me a new stations, whicg doesnt solve the problems at all. DISGUSTING.
veku
1 Copper

I have a brand new 7730 with TB18DC for several months. Already replaced the docking once because of  unexpected disconnections. The new one started to make the same problems. I noticed that the cable connector next to the docking is suprsingly hot. I guess it's because docking powers the laptop. I was looking for an option to stop charging through the dock, but I did'n find one, so I plugged the laptop power adaptor with the hope to reduce the power consumption through the docking. Unfortunately the docking cable plug next to the box  is still hot and if I accidently touch it, docking disconnects from the laptop. Everything is updated to the latest releases.

casparzius
1 Copper

Re: I love DELL pretending nothing happens. I did everything:...

Same here, DELL pretends its just some small issue witch will be fixed in the future. Acctually it is a hardware issue with the plug which is never fixable.

I think the truth is: All dockingstations with dual USB-C are not usable in a reliable way! The connector is to week and extremly sensitive to any movement or just a bit of wrong force causing minimal bending on the plug.

The plug is just to heavy, HP solved it different and I expect DELL to solve this issue as soon as possible.

A shortterme solution would be a Y-cable with to seperate usb-c plugs witch are connected with thinner and more flexible cables to the docingstation!

casparzius_0-1579165781245.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
casparzius
1 Copper

Re: I love DELL pretending nothing happens. I did everything:...

DELL is always good for some funn facts, official responce of DELL after this message within hours:

- Your product is unfortunatelly out of warranty -

this is like telling me, sorry you are right with what you are saying. The dual USB-C-PLUG is just <Profanity removed> but unfortunatelly you are to late

0 Kudos