Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 11th, 2021 21:00

Dell technician broke my laptop.

I have an intermittent issue with the laptop screen become dark and a technician came today to fix it. What a shame Dell, he wasn't able to replace the screen which is fairly easy task but also broke keyboard connection on the matherboard, left a lot of scratches and broken plastic peases. As a result of his visit I have a laptop which doesn't turn on reliable, broken keyboard and screen. 

217 Posts

January 12th, 2021 06:00

This is the kind of thing that you should contact Dell support directly about.  Keep in mind that most on site field technicians are not Dell employees, they are certified contractors that are being paid by Dell to fix machines in their local area.

If you contact Dell, they can work to resolve the issue.  Doing this will also red flag that contractor, and prevent others from dealing that that individual.

Complaining about it on a message board will not resolve the issue.  (Unless you are trying to get Dell Forum Bot to ask you for your service tag)

• 

25.1K Posts

January 12th, 2021 15:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

2 Posts

January 16th, 2021 07:00

I contacted customer support and they sent me all damaged parts overnight. Thanks.

No Events found!