Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

December 9th, 2022 00:00

Memory Problems - Precision 5570

Hi There. Not too long ago I installed some more Memory onto the Laptop.
Now i'm getting 2 Amber, 5 White warning which means the Memory is invalid. 

It cost a bit, and Would be lovely if I could get help.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 9th, 2022 04:00

Did the RAM you installed ever work? Have you tried reseating the RAM? What make and what are the specs of the RAM you installed? Have you made any changes or any updates prior to this problem occurring? I would recommend Crucial RAM as they have the most Dell compatible RAM but at this point it may be too late to return your RAM and if the RAM you have did work at one time it may be pointless. Have you tried booting the system with the original RAM only installed? 

Last of all though your system is most likely under warranty, Dell tech support would probably insist that the original RAM be reinstalled prior to their assistance.

2 Posts

December 9th, 2022 04:00

Hi There, thanks for the feedback, and I do apologize for the little information from the start.

The RAM that I am trying to install is Kingston FURY SODIMM 16GB DDR5 4800MHz (x2), which were the exact same specs on the Original ones, except for the Manufacturer, and the Original sticks were two 8GBs.
I have tried reseating it, swapping around, booting without the M.2 installed nor the battery. I'm pretty sure I have tried every Combination of the Ram Sticks, including Mixing both of the Sticks (One 8GB in DIMM1, the other 16GB in DIMM2 and vice versa).

It would surprise me the Sticks would be defect as they're brand new, and purchased by a Certified Vendor. 

According to Kingston, they do have support for the Precision 5570, although it isn't the exact ones mentioned in the list, It's still produced by the same Manufacturer.
https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/model/104997/dell-alienware-precision-5570

The were no prior problems with the PC, as it's newly installed with a fresh image. I tested it myself before attempting to swap the RAM.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 9th, 2022 06:00

It could be the make of RAM as Kingston Fury is higher performance RAM and the Precision line is a business laptop. I doubt the RAM are defective. It seems like a simple case of incompatibility. Dell systems are very picky about compatible RAM and Crucial is the most recommended RAM for Dell based on compatibility. Crucial RAM for the 5570 can be found here.

April 18th, 2023 06:00

Hey there,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am having the same problem with the same machine!

No Events found!