Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

October 28th, 2019 10:00

Precision 3510-FirePro W5130M-Win10x64-Freezing :(

Hello everyone ,,

I have Precision 3510 with Disabled AMD FirePro W5130M running  with OEM  Win10x64 1803 17134.1069

every time when i tried install AMD FirePro W5130M driver its freezing all my precision screen , keyboard , mouse, and everything and fan sound raised ×× .. till i powered  it off with long pressing on power button.

any version of driver cause freezing , I dont know how to fix this problem , it makes me crazy

please help me ,

+ sorry for my bad english

Regards ..

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 1st, 2019 07:00

Hi @MohZeid this issue could be caused by a potentially failing graphics card but it could also be software  / driver related.

Having looked at the drivers available, the latest one is this -https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=799mw&oscode=wt64a&productcode=precision-m3510-workstation

Looking at the "Important Information" it advises the following :- 

1. Please install Intel graphic driver first, then install AMD graphic driver.
2. If you would like to un-install graphic driver, please remove AMD graphic driver first, then remove Intel graphic driver

Have you tried those steps as part of your troubleshooting?

Also, what is the reason you are upgrading the graphics driver?
Has the graphics card worked previously up until now?
Have you recently carried out a clean install on the system and trying to install the drivers for the first time?

Alan

6 Posts

December 16th, 2019 04:00

I am having the same issue, any tips on how to fix it?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

December 18th, 2019 06:00

Hi @alx_ace did you try the steps I outlined in my previous post?

I'll drop you a private message to get your service tag details.

Alan

2 Posts

May 24th, 2020 17:00

hello Mr. @Dell-Alan D 

i had tried those steps nothings work saddly

+ when windows 10 upgrade itself it stuck at 58% while installing update caused force reboot when temprature increased

+ also i notify there is problem in diagnostic screen

20200331_214113.pngplease help me ,, :'(

June 7th, 2020 02:00

Still no solution to this? I am stuck with same problem

1 Message

March 20th, 2021 04:00

Hi, 

I’m also having the same issue, though I wasn’t trying to update anything, simply screen freezes and have to resort to pressing and holding the power button.

It happens sporadically, it first happened in December 2020, I updated drivers and it appeared to resolve it, then a month later it happened once again and then went away; It has now happened again and I can’t get any work done, as it continuously freezes up either at startup, or after loading either Excel, Chrome or photoshop and most annoyingly sometimes right in the middle of an action and causing the work done to be lost.

I have tried booting up in safe mode and uninstalling the intel and AMD display adaptor drivers to then re-install them, but that caused the computer to want to restart; first time I just restarted, nothing changed, the second time around I clicked to not restart, and the display adapters appeared to install by themselves back on as the device manager showed them coming back up.

On restart, the computer was loading up fine, logged in and then got a BSOD with stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER. It restarted and appeared to be fine for a while until I got another BSOD with stop code: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE, then another BSOD with stop code: VIDEO TDR FAILURE.

It will restart and appear to work fine for a while can freeze or crash any moment, even if I leave my computer on overnight with no further apps running or actively doing anything, the next morning I’ll come over to a black screen, laptop is still on but not responding to trackpad or keyboard.

I have also run a diagnostic with assessment with ePSA and I get the exact same message MohZeid posted here.

Is this just a software/driver/firmware issue? 

The laptop is not that old and I take care with handling it, so I don’t expect there to be a hardware fault already...

Can you help me fix this, please? @Dell-Alan D 

1 Message

May 13th, 2021 19:00

I have the same problem with windows 10. I cannot use radeon card and have to disable radeon vga card to use windows 10. All update are not working, also the fresh windows setup. Only windows 7 can use the graphic card?

Can you help me fix this problem?

3 Posts

August 11th, 2021 06:00

I have the same problem and someone had solved the problem? someone help me!

1 Message

October 16th, 2021 01:00

I got exactly the same problem. I tried to update BIOS, all kinds of drivers but it won't work. Have you had any solutions yet? 

October 26th, 2021 18:00

I own a DELL Precision 3510, and I have the same problem.

What you need to do is delete the driver of your AMD video chip, once you uninstall it you can work in Windows with the graphics included, I contacted Windows technical support and they provided me the oldest possible version still supported, which is 2004 (in my case even uninstalling the video chip driver, could no longer use the OS and I had the same loop of failed updates, I solved that with the older version, which did not give me more problems by the way), since previously it was possible to use the AMD driver, my idea was that a miracle would happen and with that version it would be compatible, but it was not, so it is time to contact AMD technical support, once they give me the necessary information, (since the problem is between "them" and Windows OS). I will write you all the solution, if there is one or if it is still not possible in any way to fix that problem yet.

Meanwhile, just keep it uninstalled.

October 27th, 2021 03:00

Hello,

Usually, you can find the drivers in the Microsoft catalog.
In order to avoid lawsuits and lose professional customers, Microsoft updates the drivers on its Catalog service.

Microsoft does not advertise this, because the aim is to push consumption, programmed obsolescence, which has become a crime in the European Union; on the Microsoft Catalog, you can find updates, drivers that will make devices that you thought were incompatible with your Windows work.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx

A cab extension file is a compressed file that can be unzipped.

The technique to install them is to do as if you had a floppy drive. Yes, the good old floppy drive, even if we don't have one anymore, we have to pretend.

Install a new device, or a new component, or device manager, update the driver, search for a driver on your computer, choose from a list of devices on my computer, floppy disk provided ; then go and get the driver from the unzipped cab folder.

You can install old printers, scanners, graphics card drivers, etc.

For your problem, you can clean up with the special software from AMD, to start a clean installation again : amd cleanup utility https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

For the latest driver of your card, directly on the official site of AMD :
https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/professional-graphics/mobile-platforms/firepro-mobility-series/firepro-w5130m

Otherwise, you have the lazy man's thing by excellence, DriverBooster, it updates everything and forces updates, just click a button and you don't have to do anything else ; beware, it is a software under the legal status of the Chinese dictatorship, so it is better to uninstall it once used.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html 

Take care.

1 Message

February 15th, 2022 03:00

Hi,

This is the issue with the driver, particularly in the precision 3510 series.

Use driver from 

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/prographics/win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-21.Q2.1.exe

1 Message

April 30th, 2022 20:00

I also have that issue and in order to fix it I had to use Windows 8.1 operative system instead, the win 8.1 driver works better, and it allows me to use AMD graphics card in my games, just be aware that Windows 8.1 doesn't work as well as Windows 10

1 Message

March 15th, 2024 11:02

@WriteWinterXX​  have you found any solution yet??? 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 7th, 2024 16:57

Hello, my friends. I have the same problem with my Dell Precision 3510 and I don’t know what to do. Currently, I rely on the Intel graphics card, as for the AMD graphics card, I have not updated it. Windows 11 is the best system to deal with the problem, as it solves the problem automatically without your manual intervention, but none of us wants to rely on a single graphics card. I hope that Dell will solve the problem and communicate with AMD.

No Events found!