Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

October 24th, 2019 13:00

Precision 3530, WD19 - Non-Native Resolution

I have a Precision 3530 with Thunderbolt. Fully updated (BIOS, Thunderbolt FW, video drivers, etc.)

I am trying to use three monitors. In some combination or another between the dock and the HDMI on the laptop to get full resolution on all three.

It's 3 Viewsonics at 2560x1440.

Using just the dock, I am only able to get 1 at 2560 and the other at 1920. But reading the WD19 guide it seems that I should be able to get (PDF User Guide).

My understanding, which might be wrong, is Thunderbolt (HBR3?) should support 2 monitors @ 2560. I am using both DP ports. I don't have a USB-C DP cable, but if that's the ticket, I'll get one. But I am not sure at this point.

I think I can then just use the HDMI on the laptop directly and ave the bandwidth from the dock.

Did I misunderstand?

4 Posts

October 28th, 2019 08:00

I'm going to try and order the usb-c cable to DP and see if that helps

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 1st, 2019 06:00

@TonyMB I don't believe your system supports HBR3, going by the resolution table in the guide you should be able to run a triple display using either 2 display port and 1 HDMI or 2 display port and the USB-C cable. As the resolution is being divided among multiple displays it's going to be at reduced resolution, as per the table

image.png

Alan

No Events found!