Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

May 16th, 2022 08:00

Precision 3541 & Nvidia Quadro P620 GPU Problems

I've been having driver issues with the laptop for a while, I'd uninstall the drivers for the Nvidia Quadro P620 and the computer would would fine for a while then start having BSOD crashes. Most of the errors it gave involved the nviddmk.m.sys and included reasons like Driver.Power.State.Failure, VIDEO TDR FAILURE and a handful of others. Right now it's stuck in a startup repair loop that I can't seem to break it out of. I don't believe its a driver problem anymore and may be a hardware issue with the video card. I had seen something searching around stating the video card was soldered onto the motherboard so I'm not sure what to do that this point. The warrantee is a year expired, should I send it in to Dell, will they even fix it or should I maybe take it to a local shop? Should I try reinstalling Windows to see if that will fix it?

• 

25.7K Posts

May 17th, 2022 02:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

July 18th, 2022 13:00

Was their ever any resolution to this issue. I've had nothing but problems with this laptop and the P620 Nvidia. I've tried updating drivers, bios, etc. and nothing works. It can't run AutoCAD Plant 3D or inventor without crashing the application or blue screening the OS.

1 Message

July 30th, 2022 05:00

I am having same issue - Windows 11 - all windows updates, all dell updates and still getting BSOD with these codes - video tdr failure and video scheduler internal error . Dell self test says problems with PCIeStatus and NVIDIA Quadro P620. I would like to solve this as my warrany ends in 2 months...

1 Message

August 3rd, 2022 23:00

im having the same issue on this specific model with 6 laptops. dell already replaced motherboard on one of the laptops but the BSOD returnes. dell suggested me to factory reset all laptops which is not acceptable on my side. im hoping for other solution 

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

August 5th, 2022 14:00

On these systems, how often do the BSODs occur and does the Pre-Boot diagnostics show any errors? Or is just BSODs and Dell SupportAssist showing the error? 

2 Posts

August 8th, 2022 09:00

Pre-boot shows no errors and Windows will boot up fine, work for a little while then crash consistently. Windows will eventually go into recovery mode. I narrowed down to the NVidia video driver.

I used the Display Driver Uninstaller DDU program to remove the driver and prevent Window from automatically installing the driver. The BSODs stop and computer appears to work fine until Windows will eventually install the video driver again, causing the same Driver.Power.State.Failure, VIDEO TDR FAILURE errors, then I just run the DDU again.

1 Message

February 6th, 2023 10:00

I have exactly the same issue, warranty expired, and my Nvidia GPU brings VIDEO TDR FAILURE errors . I found out that one of the previous driver versions doesn't result in bluescreen but the device crashed every time i turn on my laptop.  

Olopk_0-1675709046802.png

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems"

Did you find some solution ? Dell support, can you help us somehow?

2 Posts

February 6th, 2023 11:00

I have also had this exact same issue and I deal with multiple systems in a engineering program. They all crash around the same time and present DriverPowerStateFailure with the Bluescreen, I have sent systems to Dell they replace the main board and the exact same issue occurs. we have updated the Nvidia drivers and nothing seems to resolve this..Is there any update on this?

February 27th, 2023 09:00

I have the same problem.

1 Rookie

• 

111 Posts

February 27th, 2023 13:00

i have noted some NVIDIA drivers on Windows 11 are bug riddled which has been fixed with 517.000 Quadro drivers

• 

25.7K Posts

March 6th, 2023 15:00

Hello! We see you are looking for assistance. You have two options available to contact us: Option 1 a) Click the DELL-Cares username b) On the next page, click ""Send this user a private message"" c) Share your Dell Service Tag and a short description of your problem. Option 2 a) Click ""Get help now"" (on the lower right corner of the page) to chat with a Dell expert.

March 6th, 2023 15:00

Dell replace my mobo in a Precision 3541 and the problem continues

• 

25.7K Posts

March 6th, 2023 16:00

Thank you for messaging us. To ensure the privacy of your information, we recommend that you continue chatting with us through direct messages. We apologize for the inconvenience.

March 6th, 2023 16:00

the problem is: the p620 video card, came with out a VBIOS installd, there is possible that Dell can give us the .bin or an applicatication to fix this problem.

2 Posts

March 10th, 2023 16:00

Been having the exact same crash problem as the original poster and the reply's. In CAD apps mostly. Have reimaged the system, updated all firmware and drivers. Nothing appears to resolve this. Someone mentioned video bios, can Dell please release an updated vBIOS for this system?

No Events found!