Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

May 7th, 2021 12:00

Precision 3541 side vent burns my hand

The Precision 3541 has its heat vent on the left side of the laptop. Its a natural place for my fingers to fall when resting my left hand on that side of the laptop. But that blasted vent is spewing out hot air on my fingers all day! It actually gets to feeling like a little burn is occurring. Can't find another place to rest that left hand. Need some kind of heat guard over on that side of the laptop. Ideas??

Ouch!Ouch!

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

May 7th, 2021 12:00

Have a look at this product. I had one for a Latitude that had a similar problem and it cooled down the vent air considerably. Check the dimensions and you can ask on the web site if it will be compatible with your laptop.

2 Posts

May 7th, 2021 14:00

Not to mention your fingers would be resting on the top of that fan instead of in the path of the hot air! All I have to do is convince my boss!

1 Message

May 11th, 2021 00:00

Great post

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

September 11th, 2022 12:00

hmmm.. that amazon link, to what I imagine was a cooling pad, is broken/expired.

Did you find something that works for you?

Just got my 3561 yesterday.

A year and a half after your original post--  the 3561's still have this overheating problem !!

arrrgggh.  So disappointed.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

July 24th, 2024 03:12

i'm here trying to get a solution for my 3581 another 2 years later!

edit: i think this is what the original responder linked to,  Opolar Laptop Fan Cooler with Temperature Display, Rapid Cooling, Auto-Temp Detection

(edited)

No Events found!