Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

20 Posts

October 9th, 2021 19:00

Precision 5510 System Bios not installing Version 1.18.0 Posted on Sept 24, 2021

I found that the latest Bios update posted for the Precision 5510 is not installing. It does not take the computer into the Bios install regimen. It fails during initiation and the computer just does a regular bootup. This is Bios Version 1.18.0 that was posted on Sept 24. Has anyone run into the same issue? Never had a problem with a Bios Upgrade before.

• 

25.7K Posts

October 10th, 2021 13:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

20 Posts

October 11th, 2021 10:00

Please note this has nothing to do with the warranty. I have installed every Bios update issued to-date with no problem. The Bios update as it is written does not initiate the Bios update sequence. It starts then eventually the computer just re-boots without going through any Bios update. Can you have the Bios Update fixed so that the program calls the Bios update program to start? Dell used to have a method to flag a bad update and give feedback to Dell but it seems that has been removed.

Thank You

20 Posts

October 11th, 2021 12:00

I just discussed this issue with a fleet manager that has several Precision 5500 series. The Bios update does not work on any of their Precision 5500 series laptops. Can you advise when the de-bugged update will be posted. So that it can be installed

20 Posts

October 20th, 2021 09:00

Any answer to the Bios not installing issue. Did you talk to anyone at Dell to have it tested?

Thank You

• 

25.7K Posts

October 22nd, 2021 11:00

Hello, I haven't received the Service tag or the Express Service Code yet. Can you share any of them in text format so that I can help you with your query?

1 Message

December 7th, 2021 10:00

Yes, It still does not work on 5510. I am facing same problem

2 Posts

December 13th, 2021 23:00

It's not work..... I am facing the same problem.

1 Message

January 15th, 2022 02:00

Precision 5510, Currently at BIOS 1.14.2. Unable to update to any newer version. Tried the Linux approach and the exe file. no dice. Note that there's an "urgent" 1.20 version released Jan 2022. 

1 Message

February 6th, 2022 01:00

I have the same issue, trying to upgrade BIOS from 1.17 to 1.20.0 fails on Precision 5510.

When initiating the upgrade via the exe it says that the computer will restart etc. It looks like it does it's thing, then the screen shuts off, power button will stay on for about a minute and the shut off too. Does not restart automatically. After manual restart the old BIOS is in place, no upgrade happened.

I've also tried to do the upgrade directly from the BIOS flash update option by providing the copy via USB stick. It does read it correctly and shows version info, but then the same sequence of events occurs.

I'm at loss. Can someone provide a working upgrade path? Or make a new working version?

August 3rd, 2022 13:00

I am having this exact problem myself with my 5510. Command update appears to be installing the BIOS update and even reboots the computer. But the update is not completed, and it prompts me to install it again within a day. 

No Events found!