Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

7 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 04:00

Precision 5520: Internet connection triggers UAC for restart and crashes windows

I had windows 10 running quite fine on this laptop, windows then crashed (suspected a virus attack). I loaded windows back in and once I connect to the internet, I get notification requesting for a restart to turn off the user access control. From there, the windows starts crashing again, app getting missing or corrupted. I encountered the same issue when trying out window 7 and 8.1 as well. It just keeps crashing please help. Here is my system configuration

Precision 5520, Intel core i7 6820, 32gb, 1tb SSD.

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm if any error when you restart after crashing? Does it crash when any specific application is opened or randomly crashes while working? Please private message the system service tag.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

Run an anti virus scan again and download and run Malwarebytes Free. It still could be that a virus infected you when you connected to the Internet again. But also run diagnostics. It is possible that this is a hardware issue such as the SSD is giving you a problem. Restart and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full diagnostics and watch for any drive errors.

The request to turn off UAC sounds like a red flag. That alone makes me wonder about a virus or malware. More information here.

And you can download Malwarebytes Free here.

7 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 05:00

20191222_143100.jpg

 This is what I got on windows10

7 Posts

The crashing isn't triggered by an application. Once it connects to the internet and the UAC notification pops up, within a couple of days it'll shut down completely.

7 Posts

I downloaded and installed ESET as soon as I finished installation and I did changed my SSD and issue still persisted. 

• 

25.7K Posts

December 22nd, 2019 10:00

Hello Jake_5520, the BSOD code isn't very clear. The UAC must be getting triggered by an application. Share a screenshot of the UAC pop-up. Try clean installing the OS and use a different image from what you have used previously. What do you mean, when you say, "Once it connects to the internet and the UAC notification pops up, within a couple of days it'll shut down completely." ?

7 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 10:00

20191222_152708.jpg

 Seems diagnosis came out fine

7 Posts

December 23rd, 2019 02:00

Here's the code. What typically happens is that the system still boots to desktop but apps would have been corrupted then after a couple of days the BSOD prevents booting. I don't have picture of the notification, it's comes from the action centre and say 'a restart is required to turn of user access control'

7 Posts

December 29th, 2019 05:00

No Events found!