Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

24 Posts

August 16th, 2022 11:00

Precision 5530 BSOD on DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE only with Adobe softwares

I have a Dell precision 5530 notebook (win11, i9, 32ram, nvidia Quadro P200, intel UHD graphic 630) that for 4 years had ANY problems with Adobe software (I use primary Lightroom classic and PS)

Since a couple of week it is a nightmare, every 10/20 minutes of use of above softwares, the pc freezes (BT mouse and ext.keyboard frozen, but also the trackpad… only the keyboard of notebook keeps to work but I can’t do anything; if I try some shortcut like G, L, D in LR doesn’t work) and after 2 minute it comes a bluescreen with stop code error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Analyzing the dump with some tools the guilty seems to be ntoskrnl.exe, but the problem comes ONLY USING ADOBE SOFTWARE. if all the day I don't use them (but other heavy software like visual studio, etc) no problems.

It is not related to after sleep/hibernate wakeup like the error code might make you think. I' using the software for a period of time, then If I put in background, eg to use another sw or the OS, when I returns eg to LR, I cannot do anything and after some second I already know it comes the crash like described above (freeze+BSOD)

I though it was a video driver problem, so I update Intel & NVIDIA drivers to the last version I found on their website and it was WORSE.

In some case both PS and LR, when the PC was connected to the docking station, didn’t recognize the nvidia GPU and ran with Intel GPU (lower performances and bsod too). Detaching from docking and launching the sw on the notebook, nvidia became again available!!

Reinstalling and downgrading drivers with those advised by Dell, at least Nvidia card is recognized also when docked, but with crashes like described.

PLEASE HELP, thank in advance!

Software versions:

Windows 11 21H2 22000.856

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.4.2 20220711.r.603 aa147b3  x64

LR 11.4.1, Camera Raw 14.4.1

Nvidia Drivers 512.72 (from Dell Website); tried also 516.94.. worse, card not recognized when docked

Intel Drivers 27.20.100.9664  (from Dell Website); tried also 31.0.101.2111 from intel site

----

On Tue 8/16/2022 11:15:29 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x417D40)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE60DAA9E6360, 0xFFFFD001FF23F6D0, 0xFFFFE60DC9675A40)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for for too long a time.

(dump file available, if someone needed)

1 Message

September 11th, 2022 10:00

Hi!

I also have the exact same issue. I also work with Adobe SW and get that same error.

It also happens with Solidworks. 

Please help!

24 Posts

September 11th, 2022 11:00

Hi,

the problem is still there. I also discovered it is not Adobe's fault but GPU related.

It happens also with Visual Studio Android Emulator who uses OpenGL and it comes a message box from NVIDIA.

Tried different version of drivers unsuccessful.

Due the lack of help from Dell and Nvidia, I'm considering just now to buy a Lenovo with ATI o or an Apple M1... Very bad support from both the companies!!

No Events found!