Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

5 Posts

October 26th, 2019 09:00

Precision 7710, cannot install Dell Premiere Color

Hi,

I have the Precision 7710 and I get the same message: "application only supports authentic dell devices", not

"PremierColor does not support this system configuration"

The PremierColor software appears in my driver download list after I enter the Service Tag, so I have to assume I have a compatible LCD panel.. I also have the software successfully installed on my Precision M4600, which is not even in the list of compatible systems.

Is there an other reason why the software won't install?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 1st, 2019 05:00

@PeterWinW I have looked at the specs for Premiere Color and can see that it is compatible with the 7710 however it only supports Windows 7 64 bit.

What version of the operating system are you running?

Alan

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2019 12:00

Hi Alan,

I'm running the OEM Dell Windows 7 Pro x64...

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 4th, 2019 06:00

@PeterWinW have you ever had Premiere Color successfully installed the 7710?

According to the notes for the application - 

You must be installing the Dell Premiere Color application on a compatible Dell laptop that has the approved LCD panel.

Windows Store Dell PremierColor
Dell PremierColor is a software utility that gives you the color quality and the fine level of detail you require for your color critical work, such as CAD/CAM, graphic, game or animation design, video editing or media creation, on Dell laptopsDell PremierColor is only supported on selected Dell Precision and Dell XPS systems with 100% Adobe RGB or 100% sRGB panels. Unsupported models will display the following message: "PremierColor does not support this system configuration. Please refer to application information available in the Windows Store.

Depending on the model of LCD panel you have on the system, it may not be supported.

I'll drop you a private message to get your service tag details.

Alan

5 Posts

November 8th, 2019 20:00

This is the first time trying to get the software installed on the 7710.

My both graphics drivers are current. I just updated the BIOS and tried the software again... same message..

I am attempting to install version:

"Dell-Premier-Color-Software-Application_VVW6M_WIN_4.0.11.0_A06"

Is there any other version that may work?

Premier Color Installation.JPG

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 11th, 2019 06:00

@PeterWinW I couldn't find another version to install when I was searching.

I did some further investigating into the LCD panel, as in theory it should have worked, however I have found the reason that it doesn't. The LCD panel is not 100 RGB as per the required specs. The Samsung panel in the system is only 98% RGB according to the specs I have found - http://www.panelook.com/LTN173HL01-401_Samsung_17.3_LCM_overview_25324.html

The panel is not compatible with the software leading to the error whilst installing. 

Alan

5 Posts

November 16th, 2019 08:00

Alan,

Thanks very much for the help!

Would there be any hardware compatibility issues if I were to upgrade the panel to the 4k panel?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

November 18th, 2019 03:00

@PeterWinW there are a few different panel manufacturers for the 4K screen but from the ones I have checked, they show as 100% Adobe RGB

http://www.panelook.com/LQ173D1JW31_Sharp_17.3_LCM_overview_35471.html

http://www.panelook.com/B173ZAN01.0_AUO_17.3_LCM_overview_25358.html

These should work without issue. If you do go down the route of upgrading the lcd panel, you will want the UHD HUD service kit. That's a hinge up display service kit that contains all the parts you need. These also get further split via touch and non touch. 

Looking at your system you have a non touch FHD panel with a camera.

I believe this the correct replacement panel - RT32R Service Kit LCD, HUD, Non Touch Screen, 17.3 UHD, Antiglare, EDP1.3

I hope this helps.

Alan

No Events found!