Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

October 11th, 2013 06:00

1250c fatal error code

Hi

I have a Dell 1250c printer which has a flashing error light. When I hold down the green arrow key I get the following secondary code,

Load paper light on

Yellow toner light on

Error light flashing

Ready light flashing

Anyone know what this code means? 

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1.3K Posts

October 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi Elqueso,

The indicators provide information on the status of the printer and help you locate each problem. Following are the Indicator Status Condition and what they signify.  

• Jam Orange on A paper jam occurred.
  • Orange blinks The rear cover is open.
  • Toner Orange on The specified toner cartridge is empty or not installed when Dell toner cartridges are used (Non-Dell Toner is set to Off).
  • Orange blinks The specified toner is low when Dell toner cartridges are used (Non-Dell Toner is set to Off).
  • All toner indicators blink when the printer is in the non-Dell toner mode (Non-Dell Toner is set to On).
  • Error Orange on A fatal error occurred.
  • Orange blinks An error occurred.
  • Ready/Data Green on The printer is ready to print.
  • Green blinks The printer is processing or printing.
  • Orange on The printer is in the power saver mode.
  • Orange blinks The printer is canceling.
  • Start Green on To continue printing, press the (Start) button.
  • Cancel - To cancel the current job or clear the error, press the (Cancel) button.

For detailed information, please click on the link below for Manuals & Documents for the Dell Printer 1250C. Check Chapter 11 - Page 69 to 77.

http://dell.to/1at80gm

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region ->
US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here

1 Message

November 30th, 2014 03:00

Dear Babita,

I have the same error as the original poster. After requesting the secondary code, I too get the same sequence: Y on, Load paper on, Error flashing in orange, Ready flashing in orange.

I have the manual that you suggested in front of me open on page 75, titled Secondary light sequences, but it does not have anything about the Y light case, only the other 3 (M, C, K).

Please give some real advice.

1 Message

December 21st, 2014 09:00

Same *** here, second time already, I have a liberty of changing cartridges as needed, thus once in a while (on average 1 out of 4 or 5) replacing cartridge solves problem. *** Dell Tech support can't do damn *** except telling you that you need to pay for out of warranty support.

2 Posts

February 15th, 2015 02:00

My Dell 1250c is also showing the same secondary light sequence.  In desperation, I changed all of the toner cartridges, but this did not help.  Has anyone found a solution?

2 Posts

February 27th, 2015 13:00

Solved!  Well, in my case I solved it by running through the "Cleaning the Color Toner Density (CTD) Sensor" procedure on p125 of the User's Guide ...

...of course I had already given up hope and bought a new HP printer before discovering this.  Anyone want another Dell 1250c printer??

No Events found!