Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2013 18:00

1720 paper jams

Hi, I have a 1720 laser printer that is the worst printer I've ever owned. I've never seen a laser printer that jams as frequently as this one does. Are there any known fixes to make this<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per terms of use>work correctly? I've tried full stacks of paper, half stacks, fanning the paper before I put it in the tray - nothing helps. Printing one sheet or printing a 15 page document - doesn't matter - 50% of the time it won't finish the job without jamming.

Are there any known fixes or parts kits that can help?

Thanks,

Bill

11 Posts

August 6th, 2013 10:00

Get a new printer XD

5 Posts

August 6th, 2013 17:00

Yeah - thanks. I truly hate this printer.

11 Posts

August 7th, 2013 06:00

Where is the jam occurring?  

11 Posts

August 7th, 2013 07:00

Interesting.  so have you tried printing a single page and if so, where does that jam?  The pick up assembly or during the output?

5 Posts

Always the same two places: where the paper is picked up out of the tray, it picks up half a sheet and stops and at the same time it stops halfway thru exiting the paper that is coming out of the top.

5 Posts

Single pages do better, but when they jam they seem to jam on the output.

11 Posts

August 7th, 2013 08:00

You may want to look at the printer exit guide and make sure its positioned correctly.  There is a door on the back that you can open and look to see if everything is in order.  You can also get to it by removing the right, left, and rear covers of the printer and then take the exit guide off to see if something is damaged.  There may even be a piece of paper, however small or unlikely, that is causing a sensor to register a jam.  My first thought was a sensor but if its happening on exit its probably a positioning or alignment problem.  

I am with you in that this model of printer is certainly prone to problems.  Hey, look on the bright side, at least you don't have the paper exit flap issue.  That problem is just plain stupid.

1 Message

September 25th, 2014 15:00

Just wondering if any solutions were every found. I have the exact same issue, and have been dealing with it for the past year now.

It's getting worse though.

No Events found!