Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2006 14:00

3100cn prints a vertical line down middle HELP!

we have a dell 3100cn that always prints a black colored vertical line down the middle of every page. I have checked all the rollers throughout the printer per dell's tech support pages, and found no excess ink. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance....

8 Posts

September 1st, 2006 21:00

Have you cleaned the print head? 1) open front cover 2) bull out blue leaver this opens a trap door on the side.. there is a blue handle that you can pull out... on the end of that there is a pad that cleans the print head. 3) I would pull this out and put it back in 15 times... Let me know if this works.:smileyhappy:

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2008 15:00

I had exactly the same problem. I ordered a Drum Cartridge and replaced it. When I took the old Drum out I noted the line on the roller. Once replaced everything returned to normal. I replaced the Drum Cartridge at a page count of 10199 and it worked for me.

1 Message

January 30th, 2012 10:00

Thank you, thank you for this post!  I spent at least an hour on the phone with a guy in India with a very thick accent at Dell customer support in regards to a line on the right side of my pages that does not print.  After a very frustrating hour, he determined I need a new print head, but he also said that still may not fix the problem.  Additionally, Dell does not even sell the print head for this machine anymore, so he tried to sell me a new printer.  Then I found your post and tried the trick with the blue handle....IT WORKED!  Unbelieveble.  Thanks again! 

No Events found!