Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2009 10:00

926 printer, 3300 wont connect

Hi

I have a Linksys router wireless G broadband router w/ speedboost model WRT54Gs v7

I have installed the latest firmware from the Linksys site, but I am stumped on the rest of the stuff. I know I am on channel 11

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 12th, 2009 10:00

shutterfly89,

To get into your Linksys Router, click start run or hit the Windows Key and the R Key at the same time.

type

CMD          then hit enter.

Now type

ipconfig /all          (space between the g and /) then hit enter.

Look for the Default Gateway. Put this number(should look something like 192.168.1.1) in the address bar of your browser. You should be asked for a Username and password. Login if you knoow the username and password.

If not, most are

Username=admin

Password=blank or password

Click on wireless, Wireless Security, change it to WPA Pesronal, TKIP, enter a new password to connect to your network or keep it the same, then click save settings.

Click on wireless, mixed mode, give your network a new SSID and change it to channel 11. The click save settings. It will reset and you should get disconnected. Power off the isp modem/router, the Linksys Router and your computer.

This should now setup your network for WPA security with all the correct settings. If you cannot connect, then press and hold the reset button in the back of the wireless router for 60 seconds, this resets it back to factory settings.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 12th, 2009 11:00

shutterfly89,

I forgot, after you connect, then post back for more instructions.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 12th, 2009 17:00

shutterfly89,

Now follow these instructions below and the printer should install for you.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit drivers

All other drivers

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Install the proper drivers, choose network. you should see the printer, click add, choose I'm using a wireless print server and follow the instructions. You should be able to print, scan, copy, etc.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 12th, 2009 22:00

Tanya,

Click on the blue 926 printer, 3300 wont connect and above is the patch. Right click on the patch, left click run as administrator and let it run until it prompts you to restart your computer.

You do have the 3300 configured for the new SSID, type of security and password, correct?

Right click on the Vista 32-bit drivers and run as administrator. It may just open the folder. If so, then look for setup.exe, then right click on it, left click run as administrator, choose network, the do agreement, then choose add printer, choose printer is connected to a wireless print server and follow the instructions.

Do NOT use the disk. Use the drivers from the above post.

Also please respond to this post by clicking on the blue 926 printer, 3300 wont connect

Rick

21 Posts

May 13th, 2009 00:00

Hi

Ok I have the router config as you said and that seems to be fine.

I am the administrator on my computer so everything I do is the administrator.

I ran the patch again and it did not prompt me to restart my computer so I did it anyway.

Next, I did the vista 32 bit driver clicked on Vista 32-bit dirvers it took me to drivers and downloads for 926 printer I clicked on download now clicked save and it started the download process and that was it. It DID NOT ask me for my network, or the agreement, or choose the add printer option or to choose printer is connected to wireless printer server.

I am really confused right now

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2009 05:00

shutterfly89,

Aftyer the Linksys Router was done, then the 3300 should have been configures next, see above post.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

After you download it, save the patch to your desktop. The right click on it, then left click run as administrator. It needs to run until it prompts you to restart your computer. If all the drivers are NOT removed, then the Vista 32-bit drivers will not install properly.

Then download only the Vista 32-bit Drivers (R146832)

After they are downloaded, right click on R146832, left click run as administrator. You then may have to right click on setup.exe, left click run as administrator.

Choose network, click add printer to see the option that the printer is connected to a wireless print server. then follow the instructions.

Rick

21 Posts

May 13th, 2009 11:00

RICK,

Well, I downloaded the patch and did it the way you decribed and did the 32 bit as you described. I didn't use any discs and now when I try to print nothing happens and there is a little printer on the right on the tool bar. It says there are documents in the queue to be printed. I didn't get anymore messages or errors.

I have the printer turned on and have the 3300 hooked up to the usb port

Tanya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2009 22:00

Tanya,

You took care of the wireless router settings.

You then need to connect the 3300 via USB Cable to your computer and either use the disk or the utility from the above posts. It should ask you for your SSID, type of security and password. It should then tell you to connect the USB cable to the printer and the 3300.

Then run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Now install the 32-bit drivers, choose network, then my printer is connected to a wireless print server. If you do not see this, then click add printer and select it. Follow the instructions and the printer should install and print a test page.

Rick

No Events found!