Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2009 05:00

All-In-One Printer 962 Does Not Allow Printing in Black

I have the AIO 962. It does not allow me to select printing in black only. I have tried to find an answer to this dilemma for some time now.  My printer does not allow me to select "Black" for printing and as a result I go through the color ink cartridges quite rapidly.  When I try to set the printing parameters, the print in Black & White Option is always shaded and I can't seem to override this option no matter what I try.  Is this the way this printer works or is there another issue at work?  I know other peolpe have had this problem but I have not seen any successful resolution of this issue.  Can anyone help???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 30th, 2009 12:00

marshmellow1027,

Please make a new post in the Dell Printers Forum and tell us what you need.

dinner42,

Sorry I missed your post. You said that your option is greyed out. If you still have this problem, them please post back here and I'll give you instructions to get the options working, again.

Rick

May 30th, 2009 12:00

dinner 42, did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  I did not see any response to your original post.  I have been having the same issue for months and now that the color is nearly drained (black is full), I have to get this resolved or get a new printer.  I do not want to purchase any more ink.  If you found a resolution, please do post the instructions.  I have tried cleaning the catridge and pulling the power.  The B&W option being greyed out seem to be a software issue?  Please advise anyone.  Thanks.

May 30th, 2009 16:00

Hi Rick,

Yes.  I am having the exact same problem in your original post.  Please do provide the instructions to resolve the issue.

TIA

kt

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 30th, 2009 18:00

marshmellow1027,

First try looking at these settings.

Start, control panel, printers, select your printer, printing preferences. Make sure it's on automatic. Now click on the advanced tab, more options and make sure the complete a print boxes are unchecked. If the boxes are greyed out, then follow the instructions below that way I have them and you should be able to check these options after that.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and un-install all versions of Java, restart your computer and download and install the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Install the latest firmware for the 962 printer

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!