Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 12th, 2014 12:00

B1163w stays offline

Our B1163w shows as "offline" on my laptop, yet the blue wireless light is on, showing it's ready to print.  On our desktop the system shows the printer as "ready" (using Dell's print management system).

We were told that this printer could handle multiple computers, though they would have to take turns printing.

How do I get this printer to be online?

5 Posts

November 24th, 2014 17:00

If you can see the printer on the network from your ROUTER'S list of connected devices and you still can't print to it, then you probably got one with a buggy firmware.

Here is the guaranteed way to tell if the firmware is faulty. Set up Google Cloud Print and see if your laptop can print successfully to the Google Cloud Print via the Chrome browser. If it prints, then it is a problem with the printer and you'll need to contact Dell Tech Support and ask for a warranty replacement.

3 Posts

April 15th, 2014 18:00

The only "fix" I've found is removing and reinstalling the printer every time I want to print.  That is RIDICULOUS to have to do that!  What is the fix?

105 Posts

April 17th, 2014 02:00

Usually turning it off and then on again can solve the problem but if not, you may want to consider checking if obstructions are present that's why you can't connect.

Here are some points to check for possible obstruction:

• Ensure that the access point is located indoors and should be within 50 meters of the access point.
  • Check if radio wave interference source is within your vicinity.  Devices like a microwave oven may have the same frequency bandwidth as the wireless station.  To solve this, position the wireless devices far from the interference source.

30 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 21:00

I had the same problem with an HP Inkjet 8600 Premium (Multifunction-printer, scanner, fax, e-mail, wireless and or USB) right click on the printer in Devices and Printers. Look through all the tabs available for your printer--and choices, Such as see what's printing. You may have to look a lot. Eventually, you will find a check mark that YOU did not place there--right next to a choice 'Offline" There are a lot of tricky things these days with installing and configuring. I am still having problems with mine--but, at least, I found this one solution. Maybe, you have the same problem. I hope I help

1 Message

May 17th, 2016 09:00

It works fine with Mac however when trying to print from Windows OS it is always offline while my Mac's can see it no issues.

How to get it fixed.  

No Events found!