Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

October 11th, 2014 18:00

C2665dnf scan to network problem

I installed the printer today and successfully configured it to scan to a network share on a Windows 2008 R2 server using the server address book and printer's front panel.

However for every document it scans to the share, it is creating a new folder.  The "create folder" on the Scan Defaults is definitely not checked. I tried it both ways, tried power cycling after changing, etc.,  but it makes no difference. 

I also tried various combinations of server path in the address book, both leaving it blank and putting in a subfolder but it still creates a folder for each scan.

I updated the firmware to the latest version on the website: 201407150652.

1 Message

December 9th, 2014 07:00

Any fix for this? We are experiencing the same issue...

2 Posts

January 21st, 2015 06:00

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I am having the same issue.

1 Message

January 21st, 2015 07:00

You should be able to fix this by turning the setting off in the web server of the printer and then recreating the scan profiles. If that doesn't work for you then you will need to adjust the setting for each profile on the printer operator panel.

First select the profile that needs to be adjusted, once you do there is a gear icon in the middle of the bottom of the touch screen. once in there, swipe the screen till you get to the create folder option. turn it off and then save the settings by pressing the disk icon at the bottom of the screen.  If that doesn't work for you, I suggest calling into support for further assistance. 

2 Posts

January 21st, 2015 07:00

I just got a solution from Dell. Setting create folder to off does not affect address book entries that have already been created. The solution was to change the entry on the scanner itself. Here are the instructions I got from Dell:

You will need to do this from the operator panel of the printer for each scan profile.

After you select the scan profile you want to use, there is a gear icon that will allow you to change settings.

Swipe the screen to get to the create folder option

Turn it off

Then press the disk button in the middle of the bottom of the screen

Save the settings

No Events found!