Dell 2155cn and MacOS Big Sur

Hi,

Have anyone manage to make this printer work on big sur? The dell install files will not install and trying to install it as a default network printer via the connected IP-number will show the printer in the list with a green dot but when sending anything to print, in example 1 page with the word "test" on it, the printer will instead print out something like 5-10 pages with seemingly random text so the connection does not seem to be right. 

Any ideas here would be really thanful!

The same printer works fine from another laptop that has catalina and an existing installation of the original dell driver installer. 

I asked apple but they do not know how to copy the install driver from catalina to big sur manually either. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CCecileB
2 Bronze

Re: Dell 2155cn and MacOS Big Sur

Hello, (sorry for my english, i'm not a native)

I saw the same problem on another website, but i also have my macbook update with BigSur. He was connected to a Hp Tngo and right now the printer still works fine. But my friens have the same problem as you and i dont know how help him to connected his printer again. He has seen a french site <Non-public info removed> who talks about that, it works for me when i delete the printer and reconnected by the simple way of apple tutorial.

So if you have something, tell me later please

Good luck

0 Kudos
LadySun1969
2 Bronze

Try this:

Double-click to attempt to install the contents of the dmg file.

When the message saying it can't be opened appears, go to System Preferences, Security & Privacy, and tell it to Open it Anyway.

0 Kudos
heyjodom
2 Bronze

Doesn't work unfortunately. Still receives the following error

The installation failed.

The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. 

0 Kudos
Bagelmangler
2 Bronze

I was able to get this working.

I installed the following driver package to a Mac running Catalina.

https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER05432592M/1/Printer%202155cdn%20Installer%20&%20Application%20Dell%20A05%2...

Then I copied the "Dell" folder from /Library/Printers to the same directory on the Big Sur machine and copied the Dell 2155cdn gz file from /Library/Printers/PPD/Contents/Resources to the same location on the Big Sur machine.

When I added the printer via System Preferences, I was told the printer was not installed the correct way.  But was given the option to repair.  After repairing, the printer worked properly.

0 Kudos
magicpatus
2 Bronze

Did you manager to make the scanner work as well?

0 Kudos