Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2009 05:00

Dell 2335 dn scanning problem with scan manager .

We have bought a new 2335 dn and installed in our network.I can ping it from command manager and I can also reach from web .But scan manager can not  find or see 2335dn in scan manager.I have installed netscan which is used in our others networks with 1815dn.BUt with nwt scan I can not see dell 2335dn also.What is the reason not to see 2335dn from scan manager athough  I can see in TCP /IP network .

Regards,

1.7K Posts

March 6th, 2009 06:00

Can you provide some details on your network topology (what's connected to what)

I assume you CAN print to the printer?

149 Posts

March 8th, 2009 19:00

I downloaded the microsoft 2335dn drivers and had the same problem with scan manager.  I reloaded the dell disk and drivers and now it sees the printer in scan manager. ?Don't know why but it works now.  I'm  using Vista64.

1.7K Posts

March 9th, 2009 06:00

Glad to hear it works now...... but we still don't know what "broke" it, do we?

Can you relate that to any other events on your system? System Updates, new software installed, etc?

149 Posts

March 10th, 2009 12:00

I'm not the OP but in my case everything was fine until I inadvertantly let winupdate load the msft printer drivers. I could still do all funtions normally but I had to scan manually and the printer was not seen by scan manager or by a financial firm I tried to scan a check to using their software.

When I reloaded the Dell driver disk I saw a warning NOT to LOAD the MSOFT drivers.  After reloading the Dell drivers everything is seen by scan manager and the financial firms software.

1.7K Posts

March 10th, 2009 13:00

Did you happen to notice when the scanner was "broke" if the driver was the "WIA" driver, or not?

There is much anecdotal evidence out there on the WWW that MS-Update can be "evil".

Anyway, glad to hear you're functional and thanks for the additional info.

No Events found!