Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2009 16:00

Dell 2335dn - ADF Scanning

Hello,

We're having an issue with our ADF scanning. Whenever someone scans multiple pages to email using the ADF, the emails come through but each page is a seperate email. Not even seperate attachments. All of our other printers scan multiple pages to a single email and attachment. Now the printer is at another location so I'm not entirely sure if this is a setting that can only be set at the printer but it certainly does not appear to be anything programmable through the web interface. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

1.7K Posts

May 8th, 2009 14:00

1. Right to Scan; enter
  2. Down to Scan Defaults; enter
  3. Down to version; enter
  4. Down to PDF; enter
  5. Select Mono, Gray, or Color; enter
  6. Multi Page to ON; enter

19 Posts

April 13th, 2009 10:00

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue before and has a solution. The Dell tech says that it is not supported however all of our other Dells have this capability. It seems silly to scan a 10 page page document and have it come through in 10 different emails as individual documents. If I wanted that I would have used the flatbed. Thanks!

19 Posts

April 30th, 2009 10:00

Anyone? Bueller?

1.7K Posts

May 1st, 2009 08:00

What file format are you scanning and sending?

The out-of-box default is .TIFF...... Change this to multipage .PDF and that should fix the issue.

19 Posts

May 4th, 2009 12:00

Hi llynster, thank you for the response. I verified the format and it is defaulted to PDF.  I haven't tried changing it to JPG or TIFF but I would assume that those ones would be single pages.

1.7K Posts

May 4th, 2009 13:00

Is multi-page (PDF) set to ON?

Yes, the other formats will shoot one page at a time.

19 Posts

May 8th, 2009 10:00

Do you know where in the menus I can check that? I can't seem to find it.

19 Posts

May 11th, 2009 11:00

Thanks I will try that out and let you know.

May 14th, 2009 10:00

My guess is it is the same issue/resolution as the Dell 3115cn which I have in my office.  You need to increase the amount of memory available per scan/email to the maximum available. This may require Admin rights/password to get to the printer settings via IP address.

1 Message

June 24th, 2009 08:00

Hi Llynster,

I know this post is a few weeks old but I hope you can help me.

I have followed your instruction, but everytime I scan multple pages and select PDF the scans are in black and white even if I select Color. Am i missing something or can you not scan muliple pages in color PDF.

Thanks in advance.

Fernie

2 Posts

October 24th, 2011 17:00

I'm having problems with step 3.  Under Scan Defaults it only gives me the option to USB or to Email or to quick Scan Defaults and not to Network PC.  I want to beable to scan multiple pages off of the glass into one scan pdf file.

1 Message

March 5th, 2013 15:00

I don't have have the Multi-PDF option in my scanner settings. Only the Multi-TIFF option in the web GUI. I am running firmware version 2.70.06.21. Please help.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2014 12:00

Hello - I have a Dell 2335 dn MFP Printer. I have purchased a new laptop to replace my Dell Tower. I cannot figure out how to program the scanner to scan to the new laptop. It is part of an overall network and scans to other computers. Paul Marsili
No Events found!