Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2009 11:00

Dell 3000cn reads replace toner in error

I have a dell 3000cn that after warm up and calibrating says replace black toner.  We have done so 2 times.  After removing the toner we noticed that the magnetic roller in the developer section has no toner on it at all.  Can this cause the error.  I think the printer is not seeing the toner because the developer unit is not putting it on the calibration printout.  TIA

1.7K Posts

October 15th, 2009 12:00

Sounds like you have the cause of the problem identified, the question now is why?

Yes..... the absence of toner on the Mag roller can cause this. During Calibration, density "patches" (small square blocks) are placed on the IBT belt then the density is "read" via optical reflection. If the black spot never gets placed on the belt, the sensor never reads the reflection, and voila..... the printer thinks there's no toner and flags the error.

Do all the other developers have a nice even color coating on the mag roller? This would eliminate the Developer Drive motor and Dispense Clutch as suspect as these are common to all 4 colors, one at a time, depending on which color is being transferred at that time.

If Y, M, & C Mag rollers appear OK, I would be suspicious of the gearing on the developer unit itself. Do you know how to remove the black developer assy?

3 Posts

October 15th, 2009 13:00

I have never taken it apart but I am sure I can figure it out.  Is the dv unit available through dell or where can I get the part.

3 Posts

Sorry, I forgot, the other 3 colors all appear to be ok.  It is just the black mag roller with no dv.

1.7K Posts

You should be able to purchase a Black Dev from Dell spare parts..... sorry, I don't have the number.

Sending you a "PM"......

1.7K Posts

Sorry, I meant I don't have the Phone number...... the part number is P4872

No Events found!