Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 22nd, 2013 21:00

Dell 926 hangs up intermittently only when I try to scan something.

Hi, I've had this problem for about three weeks.

I have a Dell Photo 926, and, when I scan, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Inconsistent is the word!

When I attempt to scan anything via the Dell All-in-one Center. It may work for 5 or 6 individual scans, then hangs - mostly at preview stage. The only way out of it is to force/close the the Dell AIOC, power off the printer and re-boot! This is not ideal.....and very frustrating. When I click 'yes' to send MS an error report, it's all to do with the AIOC.exe itself.

When I go to the event viewer I see this "hanging application dlcxaiox.exe version 4.22.0.8" when this happens.

I found that dlcxaiox.exe is part of the drivers application for the 926.

I uninstalled the 926 then reinstalled the drivers and utilities from the original Dell disc, and am getting the same thing.

When I want to make a copy of something, it will scan in copy mode and print.

Am I uninstalling and reinstalling the wrong way. Perhaps I need a step by step guide. I have tried the ones on the web, but the way it is explained, it assumes I understand all they are talking about. I know enough to get into trouble, but some of the steps are hard for me to follow.

Comment please.....

Gary

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 03:00

Hi Gary,

I can understand electronic devices can create confusion and frustration when they do not work the way they are designed for. Here are few things that we can try to fix this issue. Installing the drivers in the prescribed manner and starting the services necessary for the printing and scanning application could resolve the problem.

Follow the below steps to reinstall the printer drivers in prescribed manner.

Please disconnect the USB cable that runs from the printer to the computer and uninstall the printer driver by using uninstaller software. Here is a link to download one. http://bit.ly/VZKmEa

Install the software and uninstall the printer driver using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software. It is third party uninstaller software used to uninstall the drivers/programs from the computer.

The software prompts asking you to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the printer driver. Select all and delete them. Restart the computer to remove any traces of the printer software.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

Insert the printer driver’s cd for AIO 926 printer and install the drivers in the computer.

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted. Try to scan and print the document.

Please post the results.

50 Posts

July 27th, 2013 15:00

Thank you Nikhil. Can't I go to device manager bring up the Dell AIO and uninstall the drivers there, then delete printer from the control panel?

By doing it this way will all AIO icons go away?

I am asking because I do not want to damage my registry doing it the way you explained using REVO

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 28th, 2013 07:00

Hi Gary7777,

Yes, you can delete the drivers for AIO 926 from Device manager. Ensure to disconnect the USB cable of the printer from the computer before uninstalling the drivers and restart the computer after the drivers are uninstalled.

Please reply for any further help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 28th, 2013 13:00

gary7777,

Please continue with DELL-Nikhil D

Dell has a removal patch(printer cleanup utility) located in the

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

50 Posts

July 29th, 2013 21:00

I am using XP SP-3

50 Posts

July 29th, 2013 21:00

Rock, I could not remove driver from device manager, with the printer connected, it would not let me do it. I disconnected the 926 and the imaging device in the tree disappeared.

Rock the are two DL onthe link you posted, is this the one I need to use

Hard-Drive Download File Download File

Add To My Download List Add to My Download List

File Name:

R166248.zip

Description: This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.

Download Type: HTTP

File Size: 13MB

50 Posts

July 29th, 2013 22:00

Is there any way to save my fax history if I delete the 926 software & drivers if I start over start over?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 30th, 2013 10:00

gary7777,

Not sure if Search Everything will find your fax history, but it might. You could take the Dell 926 folder and save it to your desktop and rename it.

Before we do this, do you have the XP Operating system disk?

Did you recently install/reinstall the opertaing system?

Did you go to Windows Updates and click on custom. Install all the .net framewor updates, needed to run many aplications. Also Download Latest Java

Rick

50 Posts

July 30th, 2013 15:00

Not sure if Search Everything will find your fax history, but it might. You could take the Dell 926 folder and save it to your desktop and rename it.

WHAT EXACTLY IS IT THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DL FROM HERE

Before we do this, do you have the XP Operating system disk?

YES

Did you recently install/reinstall the opertaing system?

NO

Did you go to Windows Updates and click on custom. Install all the .net framewor updates, needed to run many aplications. Also Download Latest Java

YES

Rick

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi Gary,

I would like to know the status of the problem, please let me know if you need any help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2013 11:00

Gary,

Sorry for the delay, work.

I would try and repair XP and see if the printer works. Remember after the repair, you'll need to download all the updates, especially .net framework and you might need to install the latest java.

Procedure to repair XP listed below. I usually recommend that the person makes copies of files and folders that you cannot afford to lose. This should be a normal practice.

If you have the XP Operating system disks that came with your system.

Insert the disk and turn on the computer.

Hopefully your computer can boot from the disk.

If so, it will prompt you with questions. Since I am assuming, you have information on this you do NOT want to lose, I'll try to make this as painless as I can.

Tell it you want to install the system.

It will then give you the agreement, click yes.

Next it will tell you what do you want to do, click on repair.

Now follow the prompts.

It will repair the system without losing most information, will take about 30-60 minutes depending on your processor.

After you are finished, you will have to go to Windows Update and re-install all the updates.

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

All you information should be intact, unless it became corrupted. Also make sure to update your virus and spyware programs.

Hope this helps.

Rick

50 Posts

August 1st, 2013 17:00

Should I not uninstall all 926 drivers & hardware first, then install drivers and hardware before reinstalling my  Windows XP OS?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2013 18:00

gary7777,

Doing the XP Repair, everything may work correctly, after you have all the Windows updates. Let's wait until the operating system is repaired to see what works and what doesn't

Your virus program will need checked first.

Rick

50 Posts

October 31st, 2013 13:00

Hi, I have ill for the last few months, I just got got back home. Ok, about my 926 problem, to uninstall can't I just use the install/uninstall disc to uninstall the 926 & it's drivers, then use the disc again to install 926 AIO

Thank You

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 31st, 2013 14:00

gary7777,

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) in the queue, then restart your computer.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

You can then use the disk to install the printer.

Link to the patch can be found at Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

No Events found!