Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2010 13:00

Dell 928 All in one printer cannot detect black cartridge

Hi

I am facing problem with my Dell 928 All in one printer. It is continuously giving me message that Black ink cartridge cannot be detected. I tried to replace the cartridge 20-30 times with power in switch on mode, but nothing happened. I checked with another spare cartridge but same issue. Please help me . Cartridge is Series 10 YY640 model

Regards

Dheeraj

4 Posts

Dear Rick

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know how to remove the power brick from back of the printer. I dont find any manual as such for the same . Please help

Regards

Dheeraj

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

dheerag,

ou are using Dell Series 10 ink cartridges, correct.

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Plug everything back in and power on the printer. Now remove the Dell Series 10 Color cartridge. Make sure the tape is off the cartridge and reseat the cartridge. Then close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Dell Series 10 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

Dell Series 10 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is possible the cartridge has a bad sensor. Try taking it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2010 16:00

Dheeraj,

The power brick is the long black thing the power cord is attached to. Remove this for 60 seconds to reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

4 Posts

January 19th, 2010 10:00

Dear Rick

It didnt work. I tried thrice doing this activity. But nothing happened. Same error message : Black Ink cartridge not detected. Any other solution. Please help

Regards

Dheeraj

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 19th, 2010 10:00

Dheeraj,

This was a Dell Series 10 ink cartridge, correct? Some generic brands work, some don't. Refilling might or might not work. The low ink message will always be there bacause the sensor cannot be reset.

It is possible to get a Dell Series 10 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

1 Message

April 10th, 2010 06:00

I had this problem but a reset of power solved the error. The problem I have now is that since I installed new black and colour carts, I can only get black and megenta colours to print. I have tried cleaning the heads and re-alignment several times with no joy. Any ideas...........??

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2010 11:00

Daveondisc,

You are using Dell Series 10 ink cartridges, correct?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Plug everything back in and power on the printer. Now remove the Dell Series 10 Color cartridge. Make sure the tape is off the cartridge and reseat the cartridge. Then close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Dell Series 10 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

Dell Series 10 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is possible the cartridge has a bad sensor. Try taking it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

1 Message

September 3rd, 2010 15:00

New to this community and having same issues, but cannot see details of the 7 replies to this thread.  Did you get an answer that worked? Please help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2010 20:00

Dorable,

Try clicking HERE. It should give you something to try.

Rick

No Events found!