Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2014 07:00

Dell C1765nfw keeps going offline

Hi

I have a Windows 7 PC and a Windows 8 laptop, I have the C1765nfw set up to work via wireless. After a day or so the when I goto print something on either computer the printer appears to be offline but clearly isn't because I can see the wireless signal on the printers display. The only way to fix this is to go to the printers section in Windows, remove the printer and add it again. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Marcus

1 Message

May 19th, 2014 19:00

I am having the same problem using Windows Vista.  Does anyone have idea how to fix this?

105 Posts

May 20th, 2014 01:00

There are some factors that cause printers to appear offline. Here are some of the reasons that can cause this problem:

• The printer has been set to “sleep” or “power save” mode.
  • Drivers are not updated or not compatible with your system.

Usually, uninstalling and then reinstalling the software can help in solving this problem.

1 Message

October 8th, 2014 21:00

I am having the same exact problem.  One thing I noticed is if I turn the printer OFF (via the rocker switch at front/bottom/right), I can then print again for a while longer...

It would appear the printer is not fully recovering from its power down/sleep state.

How do I resolve this problem?  This printer is completely unreliable otherwise.  Does anyone have any solution?

1 Message

November 1st, 2014 10:00

I am having the same problem, too.  Drivers updated, uninstalled, reinstalled.  This is extraordinarily frustrating.

February 2nd, 2015 13:00

I have the same problem. The Printer is CLEARLY online,  ready, full of toner and even the Document Hub reports it as ready for action. Yet the Applications (MS Publisher in this case) sees it as offline.

COME ON DELL THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE SORT IT OUT.

February 13th, 2015 00:00

This is not an solution!

• I'd used the latest drivers - you'd offered at DELL support Website
    ... and "yapp" ...
  • the printer is at "sleep" mode
    - sometimes, as it normal! Because "sleep mode" is not a fault - it has to be an Basic feature, where the drivers management has to handle it

• the printer is connected by a wireless network - (as it normal too!)
  • used a normal IP6 address, also tested at IP4
  • at the router PNP forwarding enabled too
  • and it makes no difference between firewall on or of

Did you have ANY OTHER advice - maybe that may not originate from my 10 year old son?

Where or How can i set that this damned printer are wake up, if a normal print are spooled?

... and PLEASE:
don't advise that my son can wake him up, each time - don't do that ;-)

2 Posts

January 6th, 2016 18:00

The problem I have is that the LAN connection goes offline. I cannot ping it or get to it any way. And yet, the USB connection is working, so the printer is alive, including the scanner. The printer has to be power cycled to get the LAN connection back. This has only started to happen in the past month, and sometimes goes for a couple of days until it goes offline. I have tried every suggestion so far, and nothing has helped.

2 Posts

February 1st, 2016 18:00

I have a C1765NFW and the warranty just expired and it still has the factory toner cartridges in it because we have hardly used it and it's doing the same thing. After sitting an hour or so it turns into a brick. None of the buttons work and the only way to get it to work is to power cycle it. Called support and they refused to help me in any manner unless I paid a support fee. I hope people read this and see what kind of company this is and think twice before buying one of their products. Does anyone have a solution to this problem yet?

2 Posts

February 7th, 2016 18:00

Well, I resolved the problem. I bought an HP printer.........Thanks for your help Dell.

December 4th, 2017 21:00

I have solved this issue (I am on win 10). Go to printer properties, ports, add port, standard TCP/IP port and add the printers IP (I didn't enter any additional information in the port text box. After I have verified that the printers IP shows as a port in my printer properties (and it checked), I am now able to print again!

December 4th, 2017 21:00

I had this same issue (I am on Win 10). Solved it by going to the printer properties, ports, add port, double click on Standard TCP/IP Port and type in the IP Address of the printer (didn't specify a port number). After I verified that the IP address showed up in the port list and was checked, I can now print to again!

December 17th, 2017 12:00

This problem has 2 parts. First, the printer needs a static IP address rather than AutoIP or DCHP, which can be set in the printer's web page per www.dell.com/.../how-to-troubleshoot-sleep-issues---printer-will-not-wake-up--on-dell-laser-printers and www.dell.com/.../setting-a-static-ip-address-on-your-dell-laser-printer-using-the-embedded-web-server--ews-

Second, run the Windows 10 troubleshooter per www.dell.com/.../how-to-resolve-printer-spooler-errors. This is the puzzling solution, since we shouldn't have to run the troubleshooter every time we haven't printed for a while, and either Microsoft or Dell needs to provide a better solution.

Update 1/1/2018 - I've found a better, permanent solution and the procedure has been posted to my blog at https://thechrismancourier.blogspot.com/2017/12/when-your-wireless-printer-goes-offline.html. 

1 Message

March 22nd, 2018 08:00

The link was dead..   Where is your fix?

No Events found!