Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2011 09:00

Dell Photo All In On Printer 962 USB Port does not work

It appears that the USB port on my printer does not work.  I have tried connecting it to 3 different computers using several different USB ports on each computer as well as different USb cables.  Each time I get the message that the port is not recognized.  It has to be the printer's USB because the cables and ports on the computers work with other components.  Can the USB on the printer be replaced and if so how hard is it to do this?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 24th, 2011 10:00

rsvs,

Make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Printer connected with USB Port, correct?

What virus program are you using?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 24th, 2011 12:00

rsvs,

Did you try...

Allowing Printer past McAfee

1. Open the McAfee Security Center and then click on the ‘Internet and Network’

2. To the right of ‘Internet and Network’ you would see all the services that are present under it, just below that you would have a button ‘Configure’ please click on that.

3. Now you would have the Internet and Network Configuration, in this window you would have an option ‘Firewall Protection in Enabled’ to the right of that you would have a downward arrow, click on that.

4. Then click on the ‘Advanced’ button which would have a new screen up.

5. To the left of that window you would have ‘System Services’ click on it and to the right pane of the window you would have the ports listed.

6. Please check the option which is for ‘Windows File Sharing’ then click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’

7. Restart the computer

Rick

4 Posts

February 24th, 2011 12:00

Dimension 9100 - Windows XP Media Center Edition  - don't know if it 32 or 64 bit (I am not very computer savvy)

Yes it was connected

McAfee

Also tried Dell XPS M1530 - Vista Premium and another Dell we have at our store.

It was working fine with the Dimension and then just stopped.

No Events found!