Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 15:00

Dell V725W disappearing sporadically

Since I purchased my PC/Printer bundle I have had problems with the printer. It becomes unrecognizable sporadically, such that I have to remove it from the Printers and Devices list, and then reinstall it, in order for the PC to recognize it. It has now stopped printing color, even though I have new color ink cartridges from Dell. I have updated the firmware, updated the drivers, reinstalled the whole driver set (all according to Dell tutorials, etc). I’ve done it all, to no avail. In addition, it will sporadically lose the ability to be recognized to scan documents in to the PC.
Since I purchased the PC/Printer bundle in March, I have been unable to properly scan documents, fax documents, or print documents, with occasional surprising exceptions when the printer will suddenly work...for a moment.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

cityartist,

I use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

4 Posts

Thanks for the speedy advice! WIll do as you suggest and report back if this works.

N

No Events found!