Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2018 11:00

E525w, paper jam won't clear

After I cleared the paper the printer still keeps "detecting" the paper jam.

Have tried unplugging power and shaking and they didn't work.

I saw the post about exiting paper sensor:

https://www.dell.com/community/Printers/948-Paper-Jam-Cleared-Message-Still-There/td-p/3250530

encoder strip:

https://www.dell.com/community/Printers/922-printer-says-paper-jam-but-no-jam-HELP/td-p/3938232

But E525W's structure is different so I cannot find the counterpart.

I also read about the diagnostic mode of other models but there's no information about how to run diagnose on E525W in user manual or the knowledge base. I don't understand why Dell doesn't provide these.

Anyone knows how to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!

To Dell workers: please save you time from pasting the standard "how to remove paper" guide in the reply.

37 Posts

July 30th, 2018 03:00

If the sensor is moving freely and you are still getting the code then I would try cleaning all near the base of the lever with compressed air as a very small peice of paper stuck in the sensor can cause this. If it still is not working after that then its most likely a problem with the registration assembly, the wiring harness or the MCU which you would have to replace the printer for.

Thanks,

37 Posts

July 20th, 2018 05:00

If you have the 6 digit error code for the printer I'd be able to tell you what sensor is causing it. 

thanks,

3 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 08:00

It's 077-901.

Thanks.

37 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 09:00

For that error its the registration sensor that has been obstructed for the timeout length tripping this error code.

The regi sensor is at the back door side of the bottom of the printer so to get a clear view of it you have to remove the paper tray also and look from both the rear door of the printer and the bottom of the printer. This is easiest to do if you tip the printer on its side. You are looking for a small black bar which is beside a white plastic bar attached to a spring.

If the paper tore as you removed it to clear the jam there could be small pieces remaining at the regi sensor bar that can trigger this sensor to thinking there is a whole sheet there. 

If you can see the small black lever that actuates the sensor and it is moving freely and you are still getting the error then it can be a problem with the sensor itself.

Thanks.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2018 15:00

Thank you. 

I fount the regi sensor and the lever is moving freely. So is it the end of my printer?:smileylol::smileylol::smileylol:

1 Message

February 17th, 2019 12:00

Hi, I am getting 077-900 and can't clear it. Anything different I can try? Thanks!

2 Posts

March 25th, 2019 19:00

077-900 code. There never was a paper jam. Just quit in middle of a print job and got paper jam error. Have tried everything suggested on this forum. I use quality high-white 24# paper so the printer is quite clean inside and low page count. I am retired now and this printer has an easy job with home printing.

Dell already replaced this printer under warranty. The 'refurbished' replacement came with the small output tray extension completely missing, the toner door won't stay shut (I have to tape it shut).

I love Dell computers; have had dozens over the years. I currently have three. But the printers are junk. Is there a solution to this poor service, poor replacement on warranty (it should have been a new one, not a half put together second hand printer).

2 Posts

March 28th, 2019 07:00

Is there a solution to this? An answer from the Dell rep?  @Dell-MickM 

1 Message

October 26th, 2019 08:00

Is there a solution to this?  I've tried using a air compressor and it's still showing the -900 error code.  

1 Message

November 7th, 2019 15:00

Same! I have tried all tricks and nothing works! I do not want to buy a new printer because of this error message not being able to reset!!! 

1 Message

November 27th, 2019 13:00

Hello 

I am havin the same problem. I dont see any paper pieces inside the pritner. How do I clear the jam error code ?

1 Message

May 19th, 2021 18:00

I just turned off power button, unplugged the device, plugged back in,, turned on power and then held the cancel button down for 5 seconds once I restarted.  It went through a clearing paper jam process, recalibration and all was good!  May have to do the cancel button feature twice to completely clear code.  

1 Message

August 19th, 2021 13:00

I tried all the solutions in this post to no avail. I looked everywhere in the printer. 

I finally got a flashlight out and looked in the cavity where the printer paper exits.  I had checked earlier without a flashlight and did not see anything.  With the flashlight, It looked like something white just behind the roller bars.    I used a high pressure blower from the back and it seemed to move enough that I could get my tweezers to grab it and then pull it out.  lt was a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch piece of paper. 

August 24th, 2021 14:00

If you have the 6 digit error code for the printer I'd be able to tell you what sensor is causing it.   I would try cleaning all near the base, and baixar mp3 youtube of the lever with compressed air as a very small peice of paper stuck in the sensor can cause this

1 Message

September 18th, 2021 08:00

Holding cancel button does nothing.  No paper is forced from the paper tray...and there's not any motion at all on my E525W.   I have used a LOT of compressed air to blow out (the invisible paper jam) path.  Nothing is there.   This has got to be a busted sensor and I'd like to see a pic of where it is so I can replace it...or know for sure that my MFP is trash because of this broken sensor

No Events found!