Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2012 08:00

Faxing problem with Dell Photo 926 printer and Dell Inspiron 1501 XP laptop

I am trying to setup my Dell Photo 926 printer for faxing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with XP. I can get into the Dell Fax Solutions Software with no problem, but after I try to send the fax, the status indicator either just stays at "Preparing" or "Waiting to retry". We never hear the modem attempt to dial. It appears that the software is connecting to the correct modem. Wondering if it's a dialing rules issue, but can't seem to find a place to check what the dialing requirements are. If we are sending a fax to a local number that doesn't normally require an area code, I would assume we don't need to add it?? Our phone service is regular Verizon touchtone service. Any help would be appreciated.

August 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi, 

I would like to let you know that the 926 printer does not have an internal modem. The fax capabilities are determined through the modem and software applications within the computer to which the printer is connected via USB cable.

Please ensure that the connections between the printer and computer are done properly. Make sure your computer modem is connected to an active telephone line.

Yes, as you have rightly said that you don’t have to use an area code in local dialing. 

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards           
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!