Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2009 14:00

How to Reset the WorkGroup Laserjet W5300?

I think Dell should have stayed out of the Printer laser business, then my company would not have bought them.

Oh man, what a pile of plastic.

Anyway, does anyone know how to reset the printer to factory including the IP while the panel is locked? Somehow the IP got reset which was a static IP, and there is no way to know what the IP is, (Since the panel is locked.) Tried restarting pressing all the buttons and many combinations.

I would appreciate this. I'm trying not to contact Dell with a service tag that is still under warranty, (This printer is not) but I will if I must...

EPISD

1.7K Posts

March 9th, 2009 14:00

The W5300 is the equivalent of the Lexmark T634. The have a pretty good KB on how to do these things.

If the panel is locked:

1. Power off the printer.
  2. Hold down the SELECT and RETURN buttons while powering on the printer.
  3. Release the buttons when the LCD panel displays, "Performing Self Test".
  4. Press the RIGHT ARROW button until you see "Panel Menus".
  5. Press the SELECT button.
  6. Press the RIGHT ARROW button until you see "ENABLED".
  7. Press the SELECT button.
  8. Press the RIGHT ARROW button until you see "Exit Config Menu".
  9. Press the SELECT button.

Once the panel is UNlocked, your can clear NVRAM by:

1. Using the printer panel buttons press the RIGHT ARROW button until you see "NETWORK MENU". Press the SELECT
  2. "STANDARD NETWORK" will be displayed. Press the SELECT button.
  3. Press the RIGHT ARROW button until you see "STD NET SETUP". Press the SELECT button.
  4. Press and hold the GO button and press the LEFT ARROW button once. The SE MENU will be displayed.
  5. Press the RIGHT ARROW button until you see "Reset NVRAM". Press the SELECT button.
  6. Press the RIGHT ARROW until you see "Reinit NVRAM". Press the SELECT button.

Good Luck.

No Events found!