Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

December 12th, 2016 17:00

How to connect 2 routers to dell c1765nfw

We have  recently moved into a fairly large house and the main router is at one end of the house in my office as is also  the printer . Signal is very poor and almost non existent at the other end of house.  I f I use a range extender the signal gets cut too low so I wanted to put in a second router  or an access point which I can wire directly from the first router. However, I am trying to understand if there is a way to set up the second router such that I can get the printer to recognize it as well as the primary router  that we print from in the office. All other ideas are welcome. Th objective is to have strong signals at both ends of the house as well as being able to print from either location

Thanks

January 23rd, 2017 11:00

If I understand your question correctly, you can use a cheap second router (wireless or not) at the far end.  From the WAN port of that router, connect via cable to a spare LAN jack on the primary router.  You'll need to configure the far router to use the WAN port as a LAN port.  Search Goggle for it.  Or perhaps a much easier solution is to use a pair of Powerline Nertwork Adapters to extend the network.  The far end can then be wireless if needed.  I use a TP-Link 500 version (not wireless). It works great.

No Events found!