Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2013 05:00

How to install 3010cn drivers in Winows 7

The download file R167002 does not contain any Setup.exe or .msi file.  The given instructions for installing the Vista driver in Windows 7 reference running the Setup program in Vista compatibility mode, but this is obviously impossible without a Setup.exe.

Does anyone know how to set this network printer up for Windows 7?

TIA.

1.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi Stan,

Please let us know if you are using Windows 7 32 bit version or 64 bit one. Please check the respective drivers to download for the same:

Windows 7 32 bit

http://dell.to/10iCI5S

Windows 7 64 bit

http://dell.to/WBclHj

Once downloaded please follow the steps below to install the same:

Download

1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.

2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.

Extract Files

1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package

2. Click Continue.

3. Specify the location to unzip the files.

4. Click on the OK button to extract files.

After the files are extracted the message all files were successfully unzipped will appear.

5. Click the OK button to exit from the installer.

6. Go to Start button.

7. Navigate to settings, click Printers.

8. Select Add a printer.

9. Follow on-screen instructions to setup your printer.

10. Select Have disk and point to location where the drivers were extracted.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

January 18th, 2013 11:00

Hi digdesdev,

Welcome to the community.

Please check the link below which would be helpful in installing the drivers for this printer:

http://dell.to/13Ni3KI

Please perform these steps and let us know the results of the same so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

January 18th, 2013 13:00

Thank you for your quick response, Sandeep, but this does not solve my problem.

I have tried the above.  This printer was never connected to this Windows 7 system so there was nothing to uninstall.  The described installation procedure specifies the following steps.  Note the instructions I have highlighted in blue:

------------------------------

Install the printer's drivers in the Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode.

Download and extract (do not install yet) the latest printer drivers available for your printer. For more information refer to Dell Knowledge base article: How to Download and Install Printer Drivers (make note of the folder the printer software is extracted to and stop at step number 12).

Note:  

If your printer is not listed as having Windows 7 drivers, some or all of the printer functionality may still work with Windows 7. Use the Windows Vista driver if available.    

Browse to the folder noted earlier where the printer software was extracted to.

Locate the file labeled Setup.

Right-click Setup, then click Properties.

-----------------------------------------

As described in my original question, the downloaded driver file R167002.exe does not contain a Setup.exe file, only an .inf and .cat files, along with the unextracted .dl_ files.  This is the basis of my problem.  I can't find a way to install this without a setup program and I have no previous driver installed that could be updated from the .inf file.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Stan

1.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi Stan,

Please check the direct download link for the driver for this printer:

http://dell.to/10hRzNJ

Once you have downloaded the file kindly extract the same and then you would be able to install the same.

Please check the same and let us know.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

January 21st, 2013 11:00

I'm sorry to say that this newer file, A05, does not contain a Setup program either.  Still the same collection of .inf, .cat and .dl_  files without any .exe or .msi files that can be used to install the drivers

Is there a way to install these drivers without the setup.exe program specified in the instructions?  If I right-click on the .inf file and select "Install", the response is, "This file does not support this installation method." or words to that effect.  If you have another method that I have been unable to find, please let me know.

Stan

`

4 Posts

January 21st, 2013 14:00

It was 32 bit, and the R167002 file is for 32 bit, but I should have been more specific.

I had tried Add Printer without success because the printer isn't discovered/displayed and could not be found with Browse.  I finally got smart this time and gave it a fixed IP address and then searched for it by IP address and was then able to follow the rest of your instructions.  You might add that suggestion for the future.

Thank you for your time and help.

Stan

1.5K Posts

January 22nd, 2013 08:00

Hi Stan,

Its great to hear that your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Thanks for your inputs on the resolution we would ensure the needful.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!