Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2014 16:00

Losing a longtime customer because of beyond horrible customer service.

Hi,

If anyone can give me the address and number for the Dell headquarters and phone numbers.  I would like to make an appointment to meet with someone at their headquarters to give them my feedback regarding my experiences with the their technical and customer service departments both online and, primarily, via phone support.

I have purchased Dell products for about 10 years now, having purchased many computers,tv's cameras and peripherals from them. My last computer was purchased just last year, a laptop. It is still under warranty, having purchased the extended warranty. I have had issues with it since I first opened it, and called them within a few days of getting it, wanting to return it because it was not working properly. However, I allowed, mistakenly, and now regret tremendously, their representative on the phone to persuade me to keep it after his assurances that he would help me. At the time on the phone, I told him I really wanted to just return it and get something else. Keep in mind this was within the 30 day window when you can exchange it.  He was so determined to convince me not to return it, and just to be patient and see if we could resolve the issue I was having. Even though I had great reservations I though, ok, let's give it a try, after all he's trying so hard!

Boy, was that a mistake. Since then, in the months after this initial discussion, I have had numerous issues. I called and spoke with their technical departments and customer service departments and have not had any success in getting a resolution that was satisfactory. I really feel like I have a lemon, as it were, and am tremendously disappointed that the dell customer service team has refused to allow me to exchange the computer. It is after all still under warranty. I told them I would be willing to purchase a much more expensive computer. I just don't want to be stuck with a lemon, that will require constant care.  

The dvd drive does not work. The operating system is a nightmare, and a key has fallen off the keyboard. I have been unhappy with this computer from day 1. Yet they refuse and have from the beginning to allow me to exchange it. I have purchased 5 or 6 computers from them, 2 large screen HDTVS, SLR cameras, printers etc.... and yet they have abandoned me and left me with a dud and refuse to make me whole, and provide the restitution that I feel is fair and justified! 

I have explained to them that I have Never had an issue with them before, and have always been pleased with my many purchases from them in the past. This is why I am shocked and utterly disappointed that they would not try to help me and provide excellent customer service.

Certainly I will not purchase from Dell ever again; however, I am so disgusted by the way I have been treated that I feel it is very important for me to share my experiences with as many people as possible so that I can warn others to consider very carefully before they purchase from Dell as the customer service after the purchase is a nightmare. Furthermore, they should know that when they contact customer support, they will not get someone that listens to their needs but rather executes the Dell agenda to not allow returns, to coerce the customer to keep the product until the the 30 day window passes and then exchanges are not possible. I asked their customer service department to please play the recording from my first contact with them within 1 week of getting the computer so they could hear how adamant I was that I just wanted to return the computer and get something else, but was convinced by the representative to keep it. In this conversation, I pleaded with them to return but was begged by their representative to just be patient and keep it. I really felt tricked and taken advantage of.

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

July 14th, 2014 07:00

Hello JDNAMN97,

First I would like to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience that you may be experiencing regarding your current system. As of right now you have posted your concerns to the printer forum and we would not be able to properly address the issue within this forum. I am not sure what country your in but you can submit a request thru the unresolved issues link below and the appropriate team should reach out to you.

I can't make any promises on what type of resolution you may reach but it should be your best option at this point.

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents/us/en/04/CareForms/ProvideInfo/CareUnresolved?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

Regards,

Joseph E 

[tag:iworkfordell]

No Events found!