Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 11th, 2014 19:00

Missing horizontal black lines on v525w printer

A friend gave me the v525w printer. He told me that a relative couldn't make it work. I tried to print a test page but it printed a page with bad quality. Color cartridges had low ink, so I bought the 3 color cartridges and the color printed fine but the text in black didn't print. The black cartridge was full. So I did a deep cleaning and this time, the black text printed but with many missing horizontal black lines. I did a second deep cleaning and there were less missing horizontal black lines. I did a third deep cleaning and there was no improvement. I did a cartridge alignment and there was no improvement.

Should I buy a new black cartridge even if it indicates that the cartridge is full? Maybe the previous owner didn't use the printer for a long time and it damaged the black cartridge? After buying 3 color cartridges, I don't want to buy a black cartridge and discover that it still doesn't work. What should I do?

November 11th, 2014 20:00

If the printer has not been used for a long time, then it's necessary to clean the print head nozzles to improve print quality. Try the steps mentioned in the article here , if that doesn't work you can try with a different black cartridge.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!