Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2007 23:00

Need All In One software for 922

We have a 922 All In One printer. Got a new PC and can print, but not scan, can't find the ALL-IN-ONE CD. downloaded: 922ENA04.exe and installed it but it did not install the ALL IN One center to allow scanning.
Is there somewhere I can get that software?
matthew@kleinosky.com THANKS!

4.8K Posts

December 3rd, 2007 00:00

matthewra,

If your new PC has Windows Vista on it, first, download the program available at this link:

to properly remove the Windows XP driver from your new Windows Vista system.  Then, you can download the file at this link:

to install the A922 3-in-one application for Windows Vista.

Steve

18 Posts

December 4th, 2007 19:00

I have the same problem.  I did what the post suggests, was able to uninstall the old driver, but the new driver program refused to run. Help!

Peter

18 Posts

December 4th, 2007 20:00

So, the instructions are:

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R153719.exe.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R153719. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
4.Click OK.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R153719 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
But, when I follow  #7, I get a window with "Fax, list of files, etc," but no instructions.

I have also tried double clicking on the setup application file, but to no avail.

Peter

3 Posts

December 6th, 2007 14:00

I get EXACTLY the same results (no results).
Am running Vista. Will pass on any good advice I get.
regards
Matthew

18 Posts

December 6th, 2007 14:00

I'm getting views, but no help!!! I also deleted my printer, but the reinstall did not give me the all in one center.  Also, I cannot scan by pushing the scan button.

Peter

18 Posts

December 6th, 2007 17:00

The problem is, there is no 'all in one center'.  How do we get an 'all in one center?'  The scanner will work during the fax process, but otherwise...:(

18 Posts

December 10th, 2007 15:00

Hey, all, progress!!!

Big brother's instructions have worked! You MUST unnplug the printer from the usb port when running the deinstall program.

I got several error messages. One relates to OCR, but it can be fixed by setting preferences in the all in one center. Another said aio exe is no longer working, and took me to a page for a fix.  However, aoi is printing and scanning, so I'm ignoring it.  However, here's the link to that fix.

Peter

3 Posts

December 31st, 2007 15:00

I FINALLY FIXED MY Dell 922 AIO printer and scanner!

After troubleshooting for over a month - here is how I got my 922 all-in-one printer to finally work.  A little background: I am not a novice, but no pro, either.  I had to reinstall my operating system in November due to a crash.  It is a Dell Dimension 8400 computer now running Windows XP Pro operating system.  I reinstalled all programs/software/files in November.  Used the original driver disk that came with my Dell 922 printer.  The printer installed and worked, but the All-in-One center program never appeared in my program files list (the Dell Photo AIO 922 printer did, just not the All-in-One center program).  Thus, I could print just fine, but could not scan using the all-in-one center software or the scan button on the printer.

After reading several posts, here is what I did to solve my issue:

1) Through the Start menu, I opened "Printers and Faxes"
2) I chose "Scanners and Cameras" in the "Other Places" menu.
3) I deleted the Dell Photo AIO Printer 922 (using the right mouse button).
4) I then uninstalled the printer drivers and software for the 922 printer.  I did this using the installation disk that came with my 922 printer.  I inserted it into the CD drive, and chose "Uninstall".
5) When done, I turned off the printer and removed the USB cable connection from the back.  Then I restarted my computer as instructed.
6) After the restart completed, I re-connected the cable to the back of my printer and turned on the printer.
7) If any "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" installation boxes came up, I CANCELLED on all of them.  I believe the issue arises when the OS automatically tries to install the drivers for the scanner and printer.
8) Once all of the canceling business was done, I again inserted the installation disk for the printer drivers/software and re-installed using the disk.  (Because I already had photo software, I chose "Advanced" installation and unchecked two programs I already had installed.)  
9) I followed the installation instructions and it worked like a charm!  My All-in-One center is now functional, the program is listed in my program list, and I can SCAN!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure if it will work for anyone else, but good luck to the rest of you having 922 issues.

Message Edited by nh5854 on 01-02-2008 07:08 PM

3 Posts

December 31st, 2007 16:00

Wow, great report. Unfortunately (for us) we can't find the 999 AIO CD! Is there any way you could upload the files on the CD to some web space? thanks anyway if not matthew@klenosky.com

2 Posts

February 16th, 2009 18:00

I know this post was almost 2 years ago but I hope you remember how this worked for you. I install the new driver and get a "fax" folder...open that up and double click on the "setup.exe" file and nothing happens. I followed  your instructions and uplugged the usb cable on deinstall and it still doesn't work. Help, please!

Did you plug in the usb calbe on install or no? I tried both and it still doesn't work. Anyway, hope you are still checking this thing and can help me. :)

Bklyntee

2 Posts

Woo Hoo!!! I did it! I had to go to another site to download the new driver for vista. The one from Bigbrother was not working. I went to the following site:

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8761/ 

Hopes this helps someone else :)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Bklyntee,

If you make a new post, we'll be glad to help you. Please give us what information we'll need to help you get the printer, make and model and how it's connected, working. Operating system(s) and make and model of computer helpful.

Rick

4 Posts

April 1st, 2009 07:00

Take note that there was a pretty long pause before it got to the second part of the install.  It gives the appearance your done and even asks if you want to restart and then afterwards it kicks into installing the rest of the software.  I know for a fact that I popped out the disk prematurely the first time I tried reinstalling off the disk.  If I wouldn't have been putzing I would have never found this out.

Jeff
President - Wipers123.com
http://www.wipers123.com

No Events found!