Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

July 26th, 2021 08:00

Need NEW Mac Big Sur OSX DRIVER for B1265dfw PLEASE

Printer works perfectly but cannot connect my Mac running Big Sur 11.5 to it because driver is too old to be recognized as safe by app store. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release a new driver so I can connect and do my (new) job. Thank you. 

• 

25.1K Posts

July 27th, 2021 02:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Message

May 29th, 2023 12:00

Hiya Dell Support!

I am still gonna work on a way to print on my b1285dfw multifunction printer because it does still work beautifully - Much like MacUserChi above states the drivers are not compatible with the newer versions of the Mac OS and this seems to be the case for ALL printers in the Dell universe. I have not been able to confirm it exactly but this has to be a 64-bit issue as between multiple print models people have requested new drives right around MacOS 11.4 Big Sur which is when Apple discontinued support for 32-bit apps... Personally I feel this problem is just kinda inexcusable when Apple and Dell spend so much time and money on recycling programs - or at least point us all at a generic printer driver so even if the scanner wont run - the thing can print at least. 

I mean NO ONE has said it in so many words but If as a mac user, you have a Dell printer - don't buy a new mac or upgrade the OS past 11.4 or your printer is useless. I still have my old laptop so i can print to my b1265dfw and c1660w by moving files but come on guys - there are thousands of requests across the Dell spectrum of printers asking for this exact help but NO honesty about how neither Dell nor Apple will invest the money into making new drivers to keep these devices from ending up in a landfill...

I know you dont sell printers anymore but = Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful!

2019 16" 8-core i9 MBP 64/1tb -MacOS 12.6.3
2014 Quad core i7 running MacOS 10.14.6
2015 Dell b1265dfw (long expired care) -Running like a champ
2015 Dell c1660w (long expired care) -Purrin like a kitten

No Events found!