Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 15:00

Network printing - Dell 924 AIO Printer

Hello, 

Here at my work we have a Dell 924 printer connected to (hosted by)  a Dell Dimension 3100 desktop computer with Windows XP.  It currently prints to that printer with no problems.   We also have a Dell Inspirion on the network that has windows 7 installed.  The Inspirion cannot communicate with the printer.  It can communicate with another HP brand printer elsewhere on the network that is hosted on an XP machine as well.  So it's simply that Dell AIO that it cannot communicate with.

*The printer is turned on, and prints from host computer
*The host computer is on
*I have printer sharing turned on.  
*In our firewall panel of our AVG antivirus the printer sharing is allowed.  
*The Inspirion can see the printer on the network, just cannot communicate with it.  
*Per a different forum thread I did try to change the registry at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enviroments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3\ \Previous Names - That did nothing has had been reverted to the previous setting.
*The Print Spooler has been restarted
*I can see the Dell AIO print dialog when I try to print, but then an error prevents printing.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, from my browsing I do not see where anyone has solved this issue, with some people just giving up.  

Thank you,

Cory 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 27th, 2013 11:00

Cory,

Try reading...

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP This works both ways.

and

Allow Wireless Printer Blocked by AVG 8.0 Firewall

Rick

No Events found!