Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2010 17:00

Print job stuck on "deleting" in Dell V13w wireless printer

My printer is stuck in the deleting mode.  I've tried turning off the printer, then unplugging it, shutting down my computer bringing it all back up and nothing.....it's still there.  Any suggestions, Please?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 9th, 2010 18:00

debdaily,

Try running...

Delete Print Jobs

Rick

4 Posts

June 9th, 2010 19:00

Worked like a charm!  Thank you. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

debdaily,

Hang on to that, you'll never know when you'll need to use it. It beats entering each command one by one.

Glad you got rid of the delete jobs! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

4 Posts

You aren't kidding about needing it again!  Evidently there's a print job it freezes up on.  I can print regular documents but when I try to print a flyer I put together with Power Point it freezes everything up. It won't print & then won't delete.  I had to use your tool again.  Not sure what that's all about.  Any ideas?

Thanks,  Debbie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 9th, 2010 20:00

Debbie,

When you go to print, click file, print and make sure the proper printer is selected.

Rick

4 Posts

June 10th, 2010 05:00

Thank you, but that's not it.  It seems to be only the one file that freezes.  I'm going to hook up another printer and see how that goes. 

You've been a great source and saved me a !lot of frustration!!  I'll tell you; it's nice to know I'm not "alone" in these issues.  When I exaust all the little bit of technology I know, it's good to have a friend!

Have a great day

Debbie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 10th, 2010 15:00

Debbie,

You can try Download Latest Java, it may or may not help. It may also be that one file.

Rick 

3 Posts

June 4th, 2012 05:00

Wow - I have the same problem and it's been driving me bonkers!  I can't wait to try your solution when I get home.  My problem document were map directions I was trying to print (google maps).  Can I ask what exactly this does to correct the problem?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2012 05:00

TeapotLady,

Try Delete Print Jobs it's also handy to help remove those stuck print jobs.

Rick

3 Posts

June 4th, 2012 15:00

Thank you for the instructions.  Worked like a charm.  I will be sure to save it for future use.  I've been pulling my hair out trying to get rid of that file - turning printer off and on, unplugging, turning computer off and on, deleting it from the computer (but it just stayed as "Deleting").  I was ready to give up.  Thank you again!  Awesome site.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2012 18:00

TeapotLady,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!