Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2009 09:00

Problems connecting a AIO 948 to a USB Print Server

I just purchaed a TRENDnet TE100-P1U USB 2.0 Print Server.  When I did the install it was able to recognize that I have a Dell AIO Printer 948 attached and mentioned that this printer uses the CPDNPA004 printer command set.

The problem is that no matter what I do, it sees the printer as off line.

So when I print, I see the pop up from windows showing me the print progress and see the print job in the queue stating sent to printer.

Obviously nothing prints and the job stays in the queue.

What might I check for this "off line" printer status?

Trendnet tells me this printer is not compatible with this print server.

Will a Dell AIO948 work through a USB print server at all?

Any suggestions are good suggestions (within reason - I guess)

3 Posts

October 20th, 2009 05:00

The TRENDnet TE100-P1U does not support AIO Printers

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 20th, 2009 11:00

bsg1230,

Does your 948 printer have a wireless card? I thought this was a wireless printer.

Rick

3 Posts

October 21st, 2009 06:00

Rick,

A wireless card was an option that I did not go with when I bought this printer 1.5 years ago.  That was my first tought when I wanted to network this thing, I looked around on the sales pages and could not find it, I called Dell sales and they told me I could not buy one now, and was pressured to buy a new printer (which I have not, yet).

I thought a relatively inexpensive usb print server would solve my isses.

I returned the TRENDnet and picked up a HawkinG "multifunction" print server yesterday.

I will atttempt the install today and will report back here my status.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2009 07:00

bsg1230,

I usually recommend using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings and it makes connecting easier.

After you setup the wireless router, the HawkinG will need to be setup next.

Then you need to do this to the printer.

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.(This printer can be used wirelessly if the printer has the wireless card)

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) untiul it prompts you to restart yopur computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. Choose network and then follow the instructions. You should see an option saying the printer is connected to a wireless print server.

Rick

No Events found!