Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2015 03:00

Scan to email with C3765dnf

I have the Dell c3765dnf printer. It has the ability to scan to email but I cannot get it to work. I  have a Hotmail account. for the smtp port I have tried 25, 465, 587. can anyone help me out as to have to get this to work.

Chris

Primary SMTP Gateway
SMTP Port Number  (1 ~ 65535)
E-Mail Send Authentication *Invalid  POP before SMTP (Plain)  POP before SMTP (APOP)  SMTP AUTH (Plain)  SMTP AUTH (Login)  SMTP AUTH (CRAM-MD5)  SMTP AUTH (AUTO)
SMTP Login User
SMTP Login Password
Re-enter SMTP Login Password
POP3 Server Address
POP3 Port Number  (1 ~ 65535)
POP User Name
POP User Password
Re-enter POP User Password
Reply Address
(Sent with every E-Mail)
SMTP Server Connection Unable to connect

30 Posts

August 13th, 2015 20:00

Somehow most public servers have switched to use SMTP over SSL/TLS.  C3765dnf may not come with SMTP over SSL/TLS, in this case.. No luck.

C2665dnf is working fine for yahoo, outlook, gmail SMTP server

2 Posts

September 10th, 2015 16:00

Here is how I got mine to work:

Primary SMTP Gateway:  aspmx.l.google.com

SMTP Port Number: 25

Email Send Authentication:  *Invalid

SMTP Login User:  your email address

SMTP Login Password:  your password

Reply Address:  Enter your gmail email address or whatever you want it to say as the reply to email when you get the message in your inbox.  Mine says <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>.

Hope that helps, it worked for me.

372 Posts

September 11th, 2015 10:00

I tried the above and got this response

SMTP Server Connection Unable to connect

Now it's telling me invalid email address.  I am logged into that email right now.

2 Posts

September 13th, 2015 17:00

You need a Gmail or a Google Business Apps email account to use these settings.  I just re read your original post and realized that you are on hotmail.  My solution only works on Google accounts.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 3rd, 2024 11:12

I have managed to resolve this, however I am not sure if stage 2 works without stage 1.  Someone can give it a try without stage 1, and it may work.

Stage 1

I setup an account and user with smtp2go.com which manages non-secure smtp functions.  It is free.  I set up a single address and user using 1 email alias, as I only need it for this task.  Have a read of their site.

I then used this on the printer, under Printer Server/E-mail alerts/ SMTP setup page.

The SMTP2Go credentials

port 2525

Send Authorisation set to 'invalid'

This initially appeared to work as I could get to SMTP2GO, but got the 'Invalid email address 016-767' error, so it would not send the email.

Stage 2

As we know, these devices are too old for SSL/TLS emailing to work properly

In the settings, under  Print Server Settings/Security/SSL_TLS is an option to create a 'Machine Digital Certificate'.  I did this, and it all loaded (you need to reload your browser and bypass the security warnings of an 'invalid certificate', but if this is on your local network, this should be OK).

Go back to the Email Alerts SMTP setup page and change the SMTP AUTH to Auto

It should now all work!

I also put in my domain in the Printer Server Settings/Security/SMTP Domain Filtering as allowed

I am not sure which bit was the magic bit, and perhaps Stage 2 will work with your normal SMTP settings, but this will allow Scan to Email in the usual fashion.  I have not had any issues at the receiving end either, but yet to try other domain sending.

No Events found!