Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 14th, 2008 23:00

Streaking 3000cn

Hi all,

I have a Dell 3000cn Laser printer. I have had a streaking problem exactly like the one many people have written about on this forum. I saw that somebody posted test pages of each of the colors with the exact streaks that I have. From all that I read it seems that Dell knows there is a problem with the drums manufactured for this printer model. I am looking for Dell-Bill B. He seems to have the proper information about the fix. I have PMed him but am not sure if I did it correctly can anyone at Dell help me?

Thank you

Tom G

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 15th, 2008 12:00

stayswme,

I got your PM. Sorry, but I was out in training for half the day yesterday and was  unable to get to my PM box. I will reply to the message by close of business today. Thanks for your patience.

2 Posts

April 19th, 2008 15:00

Bill,

Thanks for the replacement drum. It cleared the problem right up. I will send the defective on back on Monday.

Thanks again,

Tom Galinski

1 Message

May 11th, 2008 12:00

DELL-Bill_B,

I have the same problem with a 3000cn. there are small streaks within one inch of the length of the page and some smudging, as well. Were the drums defective in these models?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2008 22:00

Some of them were. It was a specific production run of drums. If your streaks match the symptoms in this thread EXACTLY, then you have a defective drum. If your symptoms differ any at all, then your drum has likely worn out  due to page count over time, and you would need to purchase a replacement.

1 Message

October 22nd, 2008 09:00

I too have a Dell 3000cn printer that developed streaks after I pulled some paper out that was jammed. I have about 5500 Black impressions and under 3000 color impressions on this printer. In reviewing the photos that DELL-Bill W posted, mine appear to be the roller marks in his blue box. I only see them in large color areas, typically in blue or green colors. They are 3 inches apart (side to side) and appear a little over an inch apart top to bottom, and not over the entire page. Any suggestions?

I have PMd DELL-Bill W and haven't heard a response yet. 

bjmisu

3 Posts

December 28th, 2008 09:00

Bill, the link to "this thread" does not work anymore (it takes me to the en.community.dell.com home page).  Can you change the link to the thread that I need to look at, to see if my drum is defective or not?

- Scott

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 29th, 2008 09:00

1 Message

January 14th, 2009 12:00

I have the same streaking problem, and have for over a year. Have cleaned, changed toner over and over again. I'm sure it is a defective drum.

March 13th, 2009 11:00

I also have this exact same streaking problem and I've basically given up using my 3000cn.  Tried PMing Bill but no response so far.

1.7K Posts

March 13th, 2009 14:00

I see that Bill B. has already replied...... here's some additional recent materials.

Review this thread.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 13th, 2009 14:00

We have discontinued replacing drums out of warranty for this issue. Sorry if we missed  you. The best solutions I can recommend are purchasing a new drum from Dell Spare Parts or removing and operating without the drum cover.

March 13th, 2009 22:00

What a coincidence, I just discontinued buying printers from Dell.

1 Message

April 15th, 2009 14:00

Hah, I recommend this as post of the year!

1 Message

February 27th, 2012 07:00

Hi.  I just replaced the drum in my 3000cn with a brand new Dell drum.  It is now streaking.  Is this a warranty issue on the drum?

No Events found!