Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2012 15:00

V313w won't scan

I just spent much to long on the phone with 6 different people before getting disconnected and never got to talk to anyone in printer support.

When I attempt to scan a document, I hit the scan button, scan to network and select my computer. Fromt here it says "Downloading Application List" and after awhile, returns to the start menu. I've already, uninstalled and reinstalled and disconnected the power and rebooted.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 13th, 2012 16:00

joanna_canning,

Printer wired or wireless?

If wireless, is the printer connected to your network?

Check your virus program and firewall?

What are you trying to scan to?

Rick

February 14th, 2012 11:00

Thanks for the reply,

it is connected wirelessly.

When I press scan, is asks were to scan to, I press ok for network. Then is asks to select computer and the only option is "Joanna - PC", when I press ok, it says downloading application list and eventually resturns to the scan to network screen.

I want to scan to my PC,

Thanks,

Joanna

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 14th, 2012 14:00

Joanna,

Does this printer use Dell All-In-One Center, Dell Imaging Toolbox or Dell Printer Home?

Rick

February 14th, 2012 18:00

I have Dell Printer Home. I've tried the Dell Support Centre option with no solution.

February 14th, 2012 18:00

I have Dell Printer Home. I've tried the Dell Support Centre option with no solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 15th, 2012 01:00

Joanna,

Try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 15th, 2012 16:00

Joanna,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Wait 30 seconds, then power it back on.

Now try to use the scan buttons on the printer. Select your PC, then the list of applications should appear.

Rick

February 15th, 2012 16:00

Ok, I followed the directions for the Dell Printer Home. When I press the button "Find all applicatoins" a message pops up that says "The applicaiton list has been updated. Select refresh from the Scan to Computer list under the printer control panel". I'm not sure where to find the refresh button.

It's probably fairly easy to find. Thanks for your patience.

February 16th, 2012 07:00

Hi Rick,

I tried that...still didn't work!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 16th, 2012 07:00

Joanna,

Let's guess that you have a stuck print job in the queue and your uninstalling and reinstalling really didn't work. Let's try reinstalling the printer using the directions below.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer from the computer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V313w Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Make sure your wireless router is using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier. (Setting up/Troubleshooting a Wireless Network with pictures. The removing of the wireless adapter at the bottom does not need to be done) If your wireless router has a firewall, I would disable it.

After the network is configured and everything restarted...

With the computer online, insert the printer disk, choose new installation, choose network, then follow the instructions. It will ask you to find your netork and ask for the password. The printer should connect with no problems. My Dell V715w Printer has a WiFi light on it that shows green when connected.

You might have to update the list of applications, again, but it should communicate with no problems.

Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!