Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2009 13:00

Windows 7 Upgrade and the Dell AIO 962 printer

Does Dell plan to provide 64 bit Windows 7 drivers for the Dell 962 AIO Printer?  None so far, I see.  But before I go out and buy another brand printer, I thought I'd double check.

Edenxpress

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 13:00

edenexpress,

All I can suggest is Manual Printer Driver Removal, restart your computer. Try using the Vista 64-bit drivers and see if you can get them to work. If you cannot get them to work, then the printer is not Windows 7 compatable. The document list I have located say it's not Windows 7 compatible but then I have had people come back and say they got the printer working. Unknow if Windows 7 allows you to use the Vista compability mode.

I thought Windows 7 was supposed to be backward compatible.

Rick 

1.8K Posts

October 29th, 2009 07:00

Hi edenxpress,

There is a list of Dell printers that have Windows 7 drivers here.   It also lists the printers where the Vista drivers are also compatible with Windows 7.   I hope this helps.

Todd

October 29th, 2009 09:00

Thanks!  I'll give your suggestion a try.   :emotion-15:

October 29th, 2009 09:00

It looks to me like the Dell AIO 962 Printer is NOT compatible with Windows 7.  Am I right?

October 29th, 2009 11:00

I installed the 64-bit Vista drivers and my Dell AIO 962 printer works fine!  Thanks for your help, Rick.  :emotion-2:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 29th, 2009 17:00

edenexpress,

It's kinda of hit and miss The list provided, I wasn't sure how accurate the list is, so all I could do is suggest that you try it for yourself. My 964 printer is on the list of not compatible with Windows 7 and someone found Vista 64-bit drivers that worked.

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

February 4th, 2012 10:00

Hello, can you please share how you installed the 64-bit Vista driver, i want to try it to see if my Dell AIO 962 will work with Windows 7 that is installed on my computer. Thanks's so much.:emotion-1:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 4th, 2012 13:00

ms.smith2005,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista
Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!