Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 10th, 2008 23:00

Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 cannot connect to Linksys WRT54G2 network

The adapter worked fine with my older wireless router. Just installed new router and have tried changing to both WEP and WPA personal, but cannot connect to new network with either.

Saw posting that suggest disabling firewall, so I disabled XP Firewall but same problem.

After I enter the network key, 3300 seems to try to connect but then fails with "Connection Failed - the wireless printer adapter was unable to  join the network".

Already updated 3300 drivers. Also tried accessing 3300 web page but am unable to determine IP because "set IP address utility" shows nothing for IP. Lastly, there is no service tag on the hardware so I can't even use dell support for this issue.

Please help.

chris

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 11th, 2008 00:00

Chris,

Is this the laptop that you had to disable the VPN on before?

Also I'm just guessing that you're trying to install the 944 printer attached to the 3300, correct? If so, here is the instructions on wht to do.

Linksys router settings need to be like this...

Broadcast SSID (Change this, it will make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(Most wireless devices work best with this typw of security)

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most wireless devices work best on these channels.

Do NOT use any Mac address, it conflicts with the WPA Security. WPA Secuity is strong enough.

Save and exit. Power everything off. Wait 30 seconds. Turn everything back on. Wait until everything reconnects and then try and connect.

Now setup the 3300.

Plug the 3300 into the computer using the USB Cable. Insert the 3300 Setup disk into the computer and follow the instructions. Find you new SSID, Type security, Password. Basically follow the instructions. Any time you change SSID, Secirity, Password, you need to also change the 3300 to match this.

Now for the printer. If it's still the 944, then follow these instructions. If the printer is NOT the 944, let me know the model number so we can get things sorted out.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers for the 944

Vista 32-bit drivers for the 944

Install the proper drivers. Choose Network. Choose using a wireless print server and follow the instructions.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

No Events found!