Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2012 16:00

Wireless iPad printing to the v525w

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought a v525w with the main intention of having the ability to print from iphone & ipad.

I have installed it on our local wireless network and everything prints ok from the laptop (windows 7)

When I print from the apple devices it will not recognise the printer. The wireless light is on and I have enabled appletalk from the set up menu.

Can anyone assist on this one - HELP !!!

Cheers

C.

113 Posts

August 25th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Prior to updating the firmware, remove the Printhead from the printer following the steps in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnFsUnutw8

Close the latch.

Close the printer cover after removing the Printhead.

Turn on the printer.

Press the cancel button (Red X button) on the printer Operator Panel when the status message displays “Open the printer cover to install the Printhead”.

Now, download and update the firmware of the Dell V525W printer from the link below.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats/Product/dell-v525w-inkjet-printer?DriverId=JY6PT&FileId=2987888659&urlProductCode=False

• Download the file to the desktop.
  • Double-Click the file and click Run.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the firmware of the printer. (It is recommended that printer has to be connected using the USB cable to the computer during the firmware update).

Restart the printer and now the Apple iPad or iPhone will detect the printer and can easily print.

Please post back the results.

1 Message

November 2nd, 2014 21:00

This worked!  It was easy to install. The only thing was this doesn't work on Mac OS. 

Thank you !

Sam

2 Posts

August 28th, 2012 04:00

Hi there Sudeep S,

I followed your instructions and it worked a treat. Restarted everything and both iphones and the ipad picked up the printer immediately. I had a bit extra work to do as I had already installed the ink cartridges. Otherwise perfect.

I would also like to thank you for your quick response - much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Craig.

PS : As Dell is selling this as a PC free printer and it is listed on Apples website for approved printers you might want to ship the printer out with the correct firmware !!

1 Message

November 10th, 2012 11:00

Sudeep S, My DELL 5130cdn is a great printer in my teacher classroom that is on a network at my school classroom. Of course it has an ip address so I can access and print from my PC , however I'd like to print from my iPad . Does DELL have a solution or an app for this? Is it necessary to download new firmware to the printer, or any other procedures and downloads that would enable this? Please let me know of what I should do as it would be preferable to having to purchase some outside app or hardware that may not accomplish the printing well or at all. Many thanks in advance. Please email me through my Dell member email so I will be alerted of your reply. Is "#workatdell your twitter? It didn't appear on twitter search Mrk universal

1 Message

April 23rd, 2013 17:00

Worked like a charm! Thanks, now I can take full advantage of my V525w printer and print from my laptop, ipad or iphone. I'm not too tech savvy, but the instructions were clear and easy to follow :emotion-11:

1 Message

January 9th, 2014 20:00

At which point do I reinstall the printerhead?

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 18:00

hello:

I was doing this process, and somehow my laptop froze, I did was I wasn't supposed to do, now my screen on printer is black. I'm afraid I corrupted the file. Please help. Thanks..

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 18:00

please help me, I believe I have corrupted the firmware file on the printer. I was doing the process and accidentally it got disconnected. how can I fix it? the printer is not responding, just a black screen.

No Events found!